New 75 Gallon Building Process

logan15

Tag Along as long as you want I'll periodically be adding pics But it'll be underway Monday and now im building my new stand.

jlem

Why did you put the 4X4's on the inside of the 2X4's. What vertical support will the edge of the tank have?

h2oengr

I think it looks just fine. The horizontal 2x4s will distribute the load to the 4x4s. Placing the 2x4s on the inside or outside will do the exact same thing.
I don't think you've got anything to worry about. I think it's a very simple, yet even elegant design. :thinking:
I anticipate that you'll be putting some sort of cabinet facing?
Good luck!

logan15

Yeah I will, Im going with Oak 4x8 Sheets to do the cabinet on it and crown molding for it gotta wait for next check tho lol I used 2 6" carriage bolts on the inside and outside of each corner So each piece of the frame has 2 6" carriage bolts to hold it up I think it will stay Pic soon to come Let me go take one

jlem

If you get your wood at Homedepot or Lowes and find some slightly damaged wood you can get one heck of a deal. I picked up a 4X8 sheet of 3/4 inch Oak that had a scratched up back and got it for $20.00. I also got 4X4 sheets of 1/2 inch oak for some doors that had chipped corners for $5.00. After I put the trim on the doors you could'nt even see the chips.