new 90g reef- give me your thoughts

venom5

Ok- I am still working on the tank- just got done building the outside. here is what's completed so far:
lights
2x 175w MH
2X 165w VHO's
2x moonlights
chiller
working on ecosystem refugium now.
I have broad shoulders so please give me your opinions- do you think this will be enough lighting for soft corals and clams?

T

timer

I don't reply to many posts, but I have to say that is some nice craftsmanship on the hood. It looks
*censored* awesome. And although I am no expert, from what I understand with your 90 gals tank depth, the halides should be able to penetrate deep enough to support a clam. You might want to put it in the mid range of your tank though to be sure it gets its light.

blizz75

Did you build the stand? If so i agree that is awesome! When your done that tank is going to look nice! Good Luck

adamc1303

I know you didn't build that stand because I saw it in many stores. But where did you get it I want one for my 90 gallon I know they come in checrry too. I was wondering if you purchased it online for a lower price than the LFS. You have the same 90 gallon tank that I do it loks like its made by AGA based on where the overflow box is located, and I love the way your lights are set up. Anyway let me know if you know where I can get that stand for a reasonable price.
Thanks Adam

venom5

I purchased the stand online- cannot say on here. The stand seems to be well built but did add some reinforcements on the inside, I was kind of leary about this type of material.
If you would like to know where I got the stand please e-mail me..

adamc1303

Originally Posted by venom5
I purchased the stand online- cannot say on here. The stand seems to be well built but did add some reinforcements on the inside, I was kind of leary about this type of material.
If you would like to know where I got the stand please e-mail me..
What's your e-mail address?