New addition

lmforbis

A few weeks ago I got a very small yellow belly blue tang. I wasn't even supposed to get her, I think she was supposed to go to somebody else. She was about the size of a dime when I got her. Put her through full quarantine including tank transfer. I really didn't think she'd make it a week let alone through quarantine.
Today she graduated to the big tank. I expected her to go hide in the rocks but no she ate a ton when I fed the fish an has been swimming around like she's always been there. She's a bit bigger than when I first got her. Quite an amazing fish.
FullSizeRender.jpg

jay0705

U stole someone's fish!!!!! For shame!!!! Lol ha ha. You probably wrked the shyness rt out w all those tank transfers. Very nice looking tho

lmforbis

lol It wasn't like i could send her back. I did tell the vendor that i got her. I am one of the few people who never wanted a hippo tang. I've gotten pretty attached to her though. hopefully my 125 will work for a while.

jay0705

Ha ha ha I hear you. Idk why but I love tangs. A hippo and purple have always been on my list

lmforbis

No she came from somewhere else.
If it wasn't written on the bag, I wouldn't have even known what she was, at least initially. She had no color. After a day or so she colored up. Kind of a cool surprise but I had to get another tank set up fast. Fortunately I had 30 gal of heated salt water. I don't like to put more than one fish in a tank transfer tank and the fish I did order was a lot bigger so I didn't want her harassed. I ended up buying a couple of those 2.5 gallon plastic tanks from ***** and some cheap heaters that were on clearance for $4.

lmforbis

An update on Baby Blue. When I got her in February she was barely half an inch long. Now 4 months later she is about an inch and a half. Growing scary fast.
IMG_3210.JPG

iidylii

Glad she is doing fine...seeing your flame angel makes me wanna get mine soon lol but I'll be waiting to add last with maroon clown ;)

lmforbis

I've had that flame for close to a year and a half. Almost full grown at 3.5 inches. I've tried them many years ago and they never made it. This one does great. He never touches coral. I need to rehome my maroon. He's in the sump now. I combined my two tanks and there is no way he'd be ok with my tiny oscelaris.
The tiny Naso. He's really shy but I've only had him in the display tank for a month or so. He'll out grow the tank I'm sure. I just need to find a way to fit a bigger tank in my living room in the next few years. Might have to knock out a wall. No problem I've done that before.

jay0705

My naso isn't terribly big.Maybe 6-7" I've had it for over a yr now. Now my blue spot, he grew like a weed lol

iidylii

I wish I was ready for a maroon I'd maybe come rehome yours although I do kind of want a gold stripe one...

Love remodeling homes because of fish tanks lol