New Additions

fish4ever

The fish is an Eibl's Angelfish. He is currently in the quarintine tank..been about 1 week so far. He eats like a pig. The BTA looks bleached from the picture cause my camera makes it look so washed out. I will try and get a better pic, but the foot is really a nice tan color, and the tentacles are a soft purple/brown. He also could be a little bleached cause he was hiding from the light for about a good month. Just recently he has been out in the light more.

fish4ever

Are you saying good luck, as in terms of my anemone won't make it, cause I had him for about 2 months now and his color actually looks better than when I bought him at the lfs. There they had him under just standard florescent lighting for about 3 months. I have 192W of PC lighting.

perfectdark

Ummm no not at all.... depending on the size of your tank your PC lights may be sufficient. IMO not long term though. Typically for them to thrive long term ie. longer than 2 years or so. Its been shown higer lighting is needed. Supplemental feeding every 2 days, small pieces no bigger than its mouth will help alot. And you can also soak the food in Selcon or Super Selco for added vitamins and fatty acids.

fish4ever

That is what I do already to feed him, but about the lights....would T5's be a better option, cause I don't want metal halides. And the tank is a 46gal bow front.

perfectdark

Well there is no doubt that it will get its color back with a 20" high tank and that many watts of light you should make out fine. T-5's would me my suggestion long term if your intention was to house this animal for years.