New Aditions! And A ?

treybom

A COUPLE NEW ADDITIONS! FIRST... MY AWESOME SCOOTER BLENNY! HE IS SO FUN TO WATCH!! AND THEN MY FIREFISH!

AND ALSO A COUPLE QUESTIONAS ABOUT THE FIREFISH.... HE PRETTY MUCH JUST FLOATS AND SWIMS AROUND THIS ONE AREA.... HE HASNT REALLY GONE INTO ANY OF THE ROCKWORK YET... SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?
TREY

treybom

bump
and i got another firefish question... the lights are off and now i cant find him anywhere.... ive been looking forever.. he didnt jump out..... so do they make burrows like jawfish??

pallan

firefish dont stray to far from a hideout. the second the lights go out mine dart for the same exact hole every time. also anytime they are scared they dart to the hole. i would not be concerned. all sounds normal to me.

S

sonicboom1

I have had mine for about 7 months. They still have yet to experience the right side of my tank. I have never seen them once halfway past the tank. The day they went in they swam around and made home inside/under rocks on the left side.
When lights go out you never see them. They are sissys!

bronco300

my firefish hung out in one general area just boucning around, and then he finally found a nice hole he liked to go into, and of course at night mine always hid somewhere, i wouldnt be concerned

treybom

thanks.... i found him, he was under a rock... but it took him like 5 mins to get out! now hes swimming all over the tank?! but my scooter blenny is sooo fun to watch!

fishieness

well it is possible that your scooter blennie may only eat copepods. It depends. They are easier to eat frozen foods than somethign like a mandarin. But id made sure he is eating. You can feed those fish pretty much anything. mainly meaty foods but adding a small amount of veggies wont hurt. Feed anything like formula one, mysis shrimp. whatever you do, feed them a wide variety of foods and switch it up. and make sure the blennie is eating frozen!

treybom

ok well the blenny has never even gone to the top of the tank.... he is a bottom dweller , as i sure you know, i read that he just scavenges on the sand and rocks for something called "microfauna" (sp?) what is that???
thanks for the response

treybom

Originally Posted by perk3211
I got a scooter blenny too
how long have u had him for?
what does he eat? is he eating?
theyre soo fun too watch, arent they!

fishieness

macrofage are thigns like copepods, isopods, and amphiopods. to have enough food for them to breed for that fish youa re going to need close to 100 pounds of live rock. and it must be mature and established. otherwise, id realy hope yours eats frozen.

treybom

wait sooo.... i need get it to eat frozen food... or he will die? so would i be better off just taking him back

emperor11

Even if he does eventually eat frozen, he'll still die. He NEEDS the nutrients from the pods to sustain him, and without enough rock (100lbs or more) he WILL die. Take him back right away.

emperor11

I know it Tbom...maybe someday you can get a bigger tank and get a whole bunch of LR, and then you can get another. If you do get another, get a Red Scooter! They're GAWGEOUS!