new anemone??

justin_ny

My
Gf just bought anemone, but i dont know what kind?
i been searching over the internet but i coulnt find it. the anemone have a purple tentacle and green in the middle. but its also look like a feather duster, because it could come in/out from the tube. is this save for reef? right now i put this creature away from the coral.

justin_ny

are u sure is a fan worm? because my gf told me that it could sting coral and the tube of this creature is really yucky, looks like human waste
and is about the size of one closing hand

shootonsite

What you've just described is a Tube Anemone. It's not what you want in a reef. They do look nice when extended, but those long tentacles will catch fish and sting your corals. Because they go in and out of their tube so much, they'll move around making placement difficult and the water gets cloudy each time you move it. If you have to have one, create a chamber in the live rock so that you can insert the ugly tube part downwards, preventing it from going anywhere. It requires moderate lighting and lower temperatures, which is not indicative of a reef. I have not seen one play host to a clownfish.