NEW Apex Neptune

ifirefight

Pre-ordered the New Apex....Don't tell the wife...:rolleyes: I was holding off,but I pulled the trigger... Have the reef keeper lite right now, Going for the upgrade..Expensive,but this hobby aint for sissies..Will update once I have it in my hands.

jdblake

I have the Red Sea Reefer XL 525. I received my new Apex a couple of weeks ago. I had problems setting up the WiFi network. After about an hour and a half with a tech online with my computer, they decided to send a new controller. Now I'm connected, and everything is work great but I cannot calibrate the salinity probe.

Jon Blake

ifirefight

JD, I got mine a few weeks ago also..Was out of town on vacation so I havent had a chance to play with it much... I will install the salinity probe next water change...I use NSW so, when I get my fresh salt water, Ill check it with my refractometer, and hopefully adjust it accordingly..Go on Neptune site, tons of info on it..Its a little overwhelming what this thing can do!!!

ifirefight

IMG_1720.JPG
IMG_1720.JPG I have the skimmer, chiller, and 2 dosing pumps hooked up so far! Still working on getting the main pump and lights hooked up..This thing is very cool, I highly recommend it.

jdblake

Right now I have my skimmer, UV light, heater, and tank circulation pump hooked up. The heater is set to the temp probe. I also have the AFS hooked up, and have the circulation pump set to go off when the feeder is active. I have the skimmer hooked up so I can turn it off when I need to clean the collection cup rather than unplugging it.

Last edited:

ifirefight

I had literally everything hitched up to DJ switchs.. Look at my video under share your aquarium and you will see what I mean..Im probably going to get a second EB832 and just hook everything into it...you can monitor wattage and get alerts if something is pulling to much amps or watts, so thats a plus.. Ill still use the DJ switchs for my power heads though..its easy to turn on/off..