new arrival--270g w/pic

coachklm

finally got it ordered built and installed lat weekend ..just waiting on plumbing.. and now the good part .....stats&Pics.
STATS:
Main Tank-- 270g (72x36x24) 3/4"acrylic
-- 2x 1.5" main drains
-- 1x 1.5" backup drain
-- 2x 1" returns
-- 2x1.5" CL drains
-- 8x1" CL returns
Sump-- 125g (48x30x20)
-- refugium
-- skimmer
-- return
Equipement
-- 2 eheim 1262 return pump
-- Bubblemaster 250 (new version w/gate valve)
--2xOM 4 ways
--2x sequence dart CL pumps
--2x 36" 6 lamp tek lights
--1x filter guys 150gpd w/ booster pump
Stand -- 2" tubular thick walled steel
Platform -- 3/4 starboard
PICS on next reply...

murph145

that is going to be one sick setup.... i remember when i was setting up my 180 how much fun it was... deffinately a nice set up for sure!
are u guna run the oceans motion 8 way for your closed loop?? looks like thats how ur setting it up?? im assuming ur guna run it off a sequence hammerhead pump?? those have alot of flow! i hooked one up at a chinese restraunt out here on a closed loop i setup for him.,.. man it has tons of flow... i only run the Dart in my 180 and love it...
keep us posted on the setup!
you going SPS?

coachklm

2x 4 ways (easier maintanance and breakdown) (well easier on tank..not me)
both on darts.
starting slow ... so few sps down the road.

murph145

well sounds like u will have a perfect setup for sps... i know the single dart on the 4 way works great in my tank... u will really like the way they work...
everyone starts slow but sps always lurk around the corner lol

elitephoto

Man you non CA guys electricity much be cheap. When I had my 240G reef set up I was paying 400.00 a month JUST in electricity for the tank! and my set up didnt have a crazy sump set up. just a dual pump, med sized skimmer, 1/2hp chiller, 3 MH and 4 sets of T5 actinics.

coachklm

Actually I'm in Montana and have a 6 bedroom house just over 3200 sqft on the reservation and without the tank I pay $60/mth but the winters coming and first heating (electric) ran to $90/mth I'm taking the tank may put me up to $150/mth as its on 2x20amp circuits

murph145

during summer months at my hopuse in southern california i pay upwards of $500 for a 1500sf house and my 180g tank!
winter months it drops down to $250ish.... the rates So Cal Edison makes u pay are ridiculous

jkcrumb

what do u think the total weight is gonna be???????? I'm putting a second story over my garage and I've been wanting to upgrade to a unit around that size....I would need to make sure the construction was done so it could handle the load......Your setup is freekin awsome.........Its a completly different setup than anything I've ever worked with............did it kill your wallet????

coachklm

weight would be an issue if mine wasnt on a concrete slab, the 270 acrylic tank was 1/2 the weight of my glass 135. the steel stand was really heavy you can calculate the water weight of 270g +300lbs for the stand and i'll say 200lbs for the tank
my wallets not that light as I purchased everything from one company.
The ability to have and design "your own" system is priceless

Originally Posted by coachKLM
Actually I'm in Montana and have a 6 bedroom house just over 3200 sqft on the reservation and without the tank I pay $60/mth but the winters coming and first heating (electric) ran to $90/mth I'm taking the tank may put me up to $150/mth as its on 2x20amp circuits

Dude thats carzy i pay like $400 a month all year long for a 3br 1500 sf house in new orleans.