NEW bio cube 29 gal

mag4734

Hi,
Ive had a nano for about 8 months and i got a bio cube 29 gallon. The water level is very tricky, i dont know how to get it right, any help?

sazarac

What exactly is the problem? Is everything still stock?
Saz
Originally Posted by mag4734
http:///forum/post/2571525
Hi,
Ive had a nano for about 8 months and i got a bio cube 29 gallon. The water level is very tricky, i dont know how to get it right, any help?

mag4734

everything is still stock, the water level is just so hard to maintain from dripping over the back compartment and not sucking up air in the pump. Any suggestions?

bbac504

hey i just bought the same thing and i had to take all the bio balls out and theres a filter all the way at the bottom you have to take it out and sit it on the part it suppost to go on its almost at the top of the take then put all the ball back in then add more water dont mind it goin over at first it will but it will even out at the end hope it works

mag4734

Originally Posted by bbac504
http:///forum/post/2572698
hey i just bought the same thing and i had to take all the bio balls out and theres a filter all the way at the bottom you have to take it out and sit it on the part it suppost to go on its almost at the top of the take then put all the ball back in then add more water dont mind it goin over at first it will but it will even out at the end hope it works
Thanks very much bbac504, you were a great help. what do you have in your bio cube?

sazarac

If you haven't got the problem sorted out...
You could try removing the stock filter cartridge. They pretty much suck, and it could be impacting your water levels. You can place the cartridge over the 2nd chamber on top of the black plastic strainer. If you have filter floss I'd suggest using that instead of the stock cartridge.
You can remove the bioballs permanently if you plan on using live rock as your biological filtration.
Saz

spanko

If you plan to keep the bio balls there is a sight glass on the left hand side as you look at the tank. It shows a minimum and maximum level for water in that chamber. Fill the chamber towards mid to top level on the glass.