New Biocube 29

R

reefernana

So, were those polyps on rocks from your other tank? Looks great. Your rocks are so purple, I'm jealous!

pappa d

the only thing im not happy with is the diatoms/little layer of algae on the top of the sand. in every tank i've had this problem re occurs. what can i do to stop this. as far as clean up crew i think i have plenty but no thing takes care of it. i have 10 scarlet hermit crabs, 13 nass. snails, 2 brittle starfish, and 20+ astrea snails. not to mention that pink spotted shrimp goby i just got. is there anything i can do to stop the algae on the top layer of the sand? maybe add powerheads to aim towards the sand? i think i have plenty of inverts but is there anything else that would do this job? please help!

pappa d

haha, looks awesome. how big? mines like 5" long. also does your's make a burrow in the substrate mine just sits on top of it/on the rocks, and he doesn't really filter the sand much. is that just mine or is yours like that too?

bill109

Originally Posted by Pappa D
haha, looks awesome. how big? mines like 5" long. also does your's make a burrow in the substrate mine just sits on top of it/on the rocks, and he doesn't really filter the sand much. is that just mine or is yours like that too?
mine is about the same size.
mine likes to move around my hermits with his mouth (rearranging the furniture lol )and love to scoop up a bunch of sand and sifts it thru his gills back into apile.
he then puts their fin tht acts like a stand almost on top of his pile and he loves to poke out of rocks to take a look around and see wahts going on..
when he wa sin my 29 he used to watch tv all day out the side of the tank,,

when the light hits him right u can really get a nice picture out of them. like the one i showed, the blue really shows.

-bill109

pappa d

hah. yeah when mine finds the right spot he is like a statue. he will just perch right there and not move or even move his eyes. i've seen him scoop up sand a few times but not nearly as much as most sandsifting gobys do. but anyway, great picture and thanks for sharing

coral keeper

Hey Papa D and bill109 do you have sponges or ever keept sponges? I got some sponges that grew by its self and i dont know what kind they are if you want i can put some pictures of the sponges?

pappa d

i just click on post reply and insert picture. it has to be 500 megapixels though i think. i just resize all my stuff on photoshop