New Blueface Angel

dragonboy

I just added a new blueface angel and I have two other angels in the tank a Majestic and Emperor angel both keep charging the new blueface angel. So put in a divider would this help lower the aggression overtime? Also I'm planing to add 3 or 4 anthias would my wrasse attack them those guys can be pretty aggressive.

bioneck47

what size tank? If your profile is still correct, a 100gal is just too small for these three. Putting in a divider may help but I don't think it's going to work in a tank less than 180gal.

aquaknight

An addition question is what's the sizes of all three angels?
I too, just don't see it working unless you introduce all of them simultaneously, and they're all of different sizes.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by bioneck47
http:///forum/post/3030201
what size tank? If your profile is still correct, a 100gal is just too small for these three. Putting in a divider may help but I don't think it's going to work in a tank less than 180gal.
I agree. Keeping these 3 angels, without a constant territorial war, will be extremely hard in a 100 gal tank.

latinlord

hey... you already got him... just keep him and see what happens.. sometimes they will lay off each-other like a lot of tangs do...
If it gets too bad.. you could always try to sell one of them.. give it few days.. maybe they will chill out a bit..

dragonboy

Its not a 100 gallon tank its a 150 gallon and the only blue face is just a little smaller than the Majestic and Emperor angel fish. The Majestic seem to be the most aggressive with the blue face the Emperor doesn't really bother him as much even though he is the biggest. I will up grading later on to a 300 gallon but that won't be until I find a good price on a nice 300 gallon. For now the blue is just in a divider tank I might just house him in a 20 gallon until he is big enough to go back into the main display.

hlcroghan

Please do not keep in a 20 gallon until you find a suitable tank. That could take a long time. See if you know someone that will hold hiim in an appropriately sized tank.

peter1215

hey Dragonboy, it would be a huge mistake to keep the blueface in a 20g tank for an extended period of time. A 20g should only be used as a qt for small fish, not for large angels. To help reduce the agression you can try rescaping the dt before puttung in the new angel. There will always be some aggresion towards a new angel but should eventually subside. It also helps to introduce more than one fish at time . Good luck

peter1215

Originally Posted by dragonboy
http:///forum/post/3030189
I just added a new blueface angel and I have two other angels in the tank a Majestic and Emperor angel both keep charging the new blueface angel. So put in a divider would this help lower the aggression overtime? Also I'm planing to add 3 or 4 anthias would my wrasse attack them those guys can be pretty aggressive.
so how is the blueface doing? BTW ...My blue face angel just came out of qt and was put in the dt last Friday. prior to introducing him , i completely rearranged the rocks. Its been a week and the queen and emperor angel completely ignore him. keep us posted.