New Camera, New Pictures

Well I picked up a new camera on e*** for a very reasonable price and couldn't be happier for the money. Id still like an SLR with a macro lense but for now this one will do just fine. Its a kodak z712 IS. Paid $150 for it and am very pleased with the pictures Ive been able to get from it paired with a cheapo tripod from bestbuy.
Enjoy!
Martian Moon

Frogspawn

Alien Eye Chalice

Candy Cane/Trumpet and Zoa's

Random SPS

Monti Confusa

geckopsu

Incredible pictures! It's amazing how good those inexpensive Kodak cameras do with aquarium photography. Really shows off the colors nice. Smart to use the tripod too!

thanks! Im impressed with the quality compared to my old camera. It was a kodak as well but an older model that didnt to the best.. Plus the addition of a tripod has really helped. I cant do macro's or get to close or it wont focus but it does do a good job of basic photos. Also adding a nice border really seems to make the pictures look more like I knew what I was doing lol so thats a plus..

chilwil84

yeah the kodaks are bad for the price i have the z650 and i am pretty happy with it. like you said macros are hard but with some good cropping you can get some great pics . sweet pics by the way

Thanks for the compliments guys
and that favia in the first shot I just sold a few frags of around my area so hopefully they will do well. Its an odd coral seems to hate light lol. The less light it gets the darker it stays and bleaches to a weird white/teal if not given a bit of shade or at least indirect light. It is very nice but the touchiest LPS Ive ever kept for sure.