new camera

bigarn

Originally posted by ireven
um........i found this guy in my sand bed.
is it Nas snail?

Yep...... :D

goinballde

Great pics...Great tank...Thanks for sharing..Btw is that a overflow in top right corner...If so could I get some info on it..I'm in the process of setting up 25 for parents..

flatzboy

Wow, thats some of the nicest pics i've seen on this message board. My eyes are like glued to the first ric pic. You would give ryebread a run for his money.:D

ireven

to goinballde,
YES, that white box is the overflow. I used a plastic box and cut it. Actually, i have a hang-on refugum on the back of my tank. I use its powerhead to be the water overflow.

spline9

Yeah, awesome pics. I have an old CoolPix 995. I kinda want to upgrade but it still takes good pics. m/ Nikon m/

T

tuningvis

that first pic.... what is it..... i have been trying to figure out what the hitchhiker i have is and it looks just like that...

gregm779

It looks like a ricordia and some mushrooms. Your hitchhiker looks like a ricordia or possibly even a yuma which is definitely a good hitchhiker.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
ireven, those are some seriously awesome shots, and the tank in gorgeous!
I just got a Canon G6 and am just trying to figure it out. How can you take such great shots with a new camera? Great exhibit of your tank!

nm reef

Outstanding pics....post up a 6-pak any time ya feel up to it. Great eye candy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

beckzilla

ireven, what did you have your camera set at for these pics. They are outstanding. I am trying to find out if it is the settings or the camera making those great pics. I have a good Sony and cant get it to make those kind of pics. What was your focus, flash and zoom settings?

ireven

Beckzilla,
well, i don't know a lot about cameras, i am new. so, no idea about the Sony. hope this will help you.
i set f2.8, iso 50, No flash since my PC light were on. EV: -0.3~-0.7.
and of course, set mode to "close up".