New clam pics

natclanwy

I finally got myself a clam

I have wanted one since I first saw pictures on this site. I was told this was a crocea clam does anyone now if this is the correct ID the pictures I have found don't look exactly like mine so I wasn't sure.

N

n_sarno

yea its a crocea its very nice! I want to get one.. I have a derosa

natclanwy

I have two 250w metal halides 14k, and 4 55w pc 2 w/ 50/50 and 2 w/ actnic over a standard 55 from what I have read I think this should be enough to keep this clam.

reefnut

Very Nice!! It's also nice to see a fellow Wyoming reefer!! There are not many of us around.

reefnut

Looks like a oyster shell or something... which is good sense the crocea clam likes to attach itself to hard surfaces.

natclanwy

Yes it is sitting on an oyster shell. I don't make it down that direction very often I have been through there a couple of times but thats abuut it. Too bad your on the oposite side of the state
It would be nice to talk to someone about my tank sometimes that has more to say than "pretty fish".

reefnut

lol, I know what you mean. There's a guy in Casper that's really knowledgeable and a lady in Cheyenne... no one close to me :(. email me at boxjellyfish@msn.com and I'll tell you how to get in touch with them.

natclanwy

I haven't had any yet in fact I have to use a heater to maintain 78-80 deg and I have even left my lights on all night on couple of occasions and didn't see a noticable increase maybe 1 or 2 degrees. Summer is not here yet though so we will see then don't think it will be a problem since my tank is in the basement and it usually maintains below 75 deg.