New clam!!

sandman12

got this clam and some other stuff from a local reefer today. IS it a squamosa? THe shell is 9" and the whole thing fully open in 12".

flatzboy

Nice looking clam it looks like a squamosa, I got one just like it and thats what the lfs told me it was.

sandman12

cool, how many clams do u have? Even if we dont trade (which i think we should) i wouldnt mind stoping by to see ur tank(s).

neotrin17

Very nice. I have a maxima and a giga and a derasa on the way...they will be here tuesday!
Awesome looking...we can always make room for them...even if we have to rearange.

sandman12

thanks man, i like it ALOT. U know gigas grow very big and fast right? gigas get 10 feet. Derseas get 4 feet.

neotrin17

Yeah it is a baby right now....only 4 inches...I have it in my 125 for the moment. Gonna wait for it to get bigger...my LFS said he will buy it off me when it gets to big.

flatzboy

Originally posted by sandman12
cool, how many clams do u have? Even if we dont trade (which i think we should) i wouldnt mind stoping by to see ur tank(s).

Yeah my new 46g. bow isn't much to look at right because its cycleing and my coral is in my 10g. with my light on it from the 20 gallon so it hangs over 4 inches but I had no other place to put them other then the 75g. but thats my parents so I didn't think they let me do that since they barely even let me get the 46g. But once it cycles and I get the lights hooked up I'll definately let you know. The 75g is lookin pretty good but it needs some liverock but its got some coral and the clam. I only have the 1 squamosa right know but when I get the 46g I'll definately get some more.