New clams arrived...

richard rendos

I can't get a good top view shot without getting a glare from my lights.
But this is what they look like...does the patterned one look like it is gaping?
I am a little worried about it.

cmpowell

Richard I wanted to compliment on the beauty of your new clams.From the pic however it does appear to be open more than the others.Good luck with them.Also you have to many shrooms.Must ship to me immediately.:D

beerman

This picture has me convinced that I need to get rid of my dial up connection and get cable or dsl.
Nice Crocea (I think that's what they are), Richard.

jonthefb

sweet clams rich...i donth think the patterend crocea is gaping because of hte amount of expansion in the mantle itself.....usuallly clams that gape have very poor mantle expansion.....i think its just gettign used to your tank/lights/watermovement/quality, etc...very sweet pics though!
good luck
jon

richard rendos

Thanks for the compliments. I see this morning he is gaping less...I hope you're right and he is just adjusting to my tank.

richard rendos

Yes, that is just part of it's patterning. This particular one has a tan/gray color while others have more vibrant color patterning.

richard rendos

kinda...clams can also change color depending on water quality/lighting etc. I like this one...that's why I bought it. I don't buy into the whole "ultra"/"premium" etc. tags stores put on different things...if I like it, and I can care for it, I will buy it.

jim672

Richard,
Beautiful clams. Look very healthy too.
I'm very sad that I just lost my 4" t.maxima. I had him for about 8 months. He seemed heathly, full mantel, fully extended, until I got home from work two days ago. Mantel was receded into shell. Yesterday I pulled him out. Dead. I noticed recently that it looked like his mantel may have been torn somehow. No idea how that happened. So sad. I'm not sure that I have the heart to try again......
Good luck with yours.
Jim