New Clean up crew for an existing tank!

michaud65

Good Morning,
I just have a quick question to ask about a new clean-up crew. My 29-gallon has been up and running for about 3-1/2 years. I originally started with a clean-up crew but have lost some over the years. Right now I only have a few crabs, a few snails, and a serpent star. I would like to order a new clean up crew from swf.com but was wondering if the 30-55 reef package would be too much to add. I don't want it to be overkill but will buy it if it will help with the algae and general maintenance of the tank. What do you think? If not the whole package, what would you suggest? Thanks!
30-55 Reef Package from SWF.com
Scarlet Hermit Crab: 10
Blueleg Hermit Crab: 10
Nasssarius Snail: 10
Brittle Starfish: 2
Coral Banded Shrimp: 1
Emerald Crab: 3
Turbo/Astrea Snail: 20
Cleaner Clam: 2

Well, I don't know that much abou clean up crew, but SWF.com does. and if they rated it for a 30-55 gallon tank. you're below the bottom of the scale. Somebody with more knoledge will be able to advise you better though.

michaud65

Considering it a clean-up crew, I am pretty close to the 30 and don't fall within any of the others either. Thanks for posting though! Anyone else have an idea of what I should order?

vpotts28

Originally Posted by Michaud65
Considering it a clean-up crew, I am pretty close to the 30 and don't fall within any of the others either. Thanks for posting though! Anyone else have an idea of what I should order?
I have always heard and read, one crab, snail, etc. per gallon. I saw that you already have a few in the tank.
I would probably do
5 Nassarius Snail
5-10 Astrea Snail
8 Blue Leg Hermits
8 Scarlet Hermits
1 Cleaner shrimp (if need be)
1 Emerald Crab