New coral ID

trigger11

Just picked this up at the LFS today and would like an ID please.
Here it is just after putting into tank. It shriveled all the way down to like a half tennis ball size.
Also, how do you get it so that you can put in commentaries around the pictures instead of having them all just show up together? I am still pretty new to this pic posting on here.

trigger11

That's what the LFS called it but from looking at a lot of pics on here I didnt see any where the polyps looked the same as a flower pot. They look more like Xenia ends. But everything definitely comes out of the middle part so I think that would make it not Xenia.
Well, if it is a flower pot I hope it does ok. I do have MH lights so maybe I have a chance.

rcdude1990

i have one of those Good luck with it
mine for some reason has a few spots were it died and his skeleton is there, and for some reason it jus does it on its own since i dont have any non reef safe fish in the tank, good luck with it
i like the way it looks wen its fully out, but wen its lights out and it not "Alive"anymore i jus hate it

trigger11

Thanks for the positive identification. Figures with my luck. Finding something so beautiful would be super hard to keep. Since putting it back in the ocean really isnt an option I will enjoy it for as long as I can.
Any advice on my other question about how you put in words with the pictures you post?

viper_930

You'll need to have the pics hosted on a different site such as photobucket instead of attaching it through the forum. Then copy the pic's url and use the

crt81

One reason why the tips don't look like the flower pot tips and that they look like xenia tips is b/c it looks like the coral is still not open completely!
Give it some time to get use to your tank.
I was thinking about getting one of the flower pots but I've heard clownfish love to host it, causeing it to never open, eventually it dies b/c it isn't able to fully open!

eastland

My clown hosts both my Goniopora's, they are use to him and stay open...it was about a 1 week process for them to become compatible.