NEW coral pictures!!!!!

bronco300

WOOHOOOOOOOOOO, they are already opening up and i've taken about a million pictures!!!!! i am so in love with this freakin hobby, i dont think its possible to stick with my 10gallon...i dont see it happening
lol so here are a few pics so far, i cant wait till the zoos open up fully, it sucks i have class, but once i get back you better believe you're gonna get a slideshow of a lifetime!!!!!!!
what exactly is the 3rd pic? it was free, which is AMaZinG!!! but i dont know their names
enjoy your show, popcorn is 10 cents.
Luke P
off to class, i shall post soon though!
:joy: :jumping: :jumping: :happyfish

oceana

pics in order to me are
tonga shrooms pic 1 and 2
zoanthids (sp) pic 3
zoanthids (sp) pic 4
GSP (green star polyps) pic 4

oceana

BTW to me in GSP look as if it is fully covering that peice of rock/coral that it on.
if it is 100% covered to yourself a favor and cut off the bottom. create a gap in the flesh.
and then place that on the rocks. when GSP grows together it sort of stops growing since it cant/wont simply grow over itself. when you make the cut you will give the growth somewhere to go which in this case will be your rockwork..
just hold the GSP lengthwise and hold a razerblade flat on the rock and slice off a section all the way down about 1/4 inch wide and then place back on the rocks. you can also place your cutting in another place on your rock work.

bronco300

so just cut 1/4in of the end off, is that all? the bottom actually isnt covered, it was attached to a piece of rock but came off...but if itll help i'll do it as well, the top is starting to open on it. and my peppermint shrimp started crawling of my little zoos, is he gonna be a trouble maker??? thanks, here are a couple more pics of my joys!!! :joy: :joy:
Luke P

bronco300

i got them online, id tell ya but i dont want my head chopped off, the guy was supperrr helpful and friendly. i dont know if i can do it, but if ya want the site i can email it to ya, shhhhhh...if its not allowed just let me edit, dont yelll

lol :joy:
any of my lfs it would have vost me prolly around 100 i'm guessing, so i think i prolly saved 20 or so
Luke p

mimzy

Wow.... lookit you - ur having the best week EVAH!!! Keep it going, keep it going!!!

...and take more pix!!! :joy:

oceana

Originally Posted by Bronco300
so just cut 1/4in of the end off, is that all? the bottom actually isnt covered, it was attached to a piece of rock but came off...but if itll help i'll do it as well, the top is starting to open on it. and my peppermint shrimp started crawling of my little zoos, is he gonna be a trouble maker??? thanks, here are a couple more pics of my joys!!! :joy: :joy:
Luke P

if the bottom is open you should be fine. its only is it has all grown together

bronco300

here is a full tank, which in my opinion has never looked better :joy: :joy: :joy:
the first is when i started, to when i changed to sand, to now :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

symon

LOL I love it when folks get new stuff, they start finding all kinds of new things, ( the feather duster) I think he's hooked!
Enjoy!

oceana

give them time they will. i find they are a bit stuburn sometimes as far as polyps go.
if they dont open let me know i'm sure i could help ya out. i got GSP coming out the &%^

bronco300

thanks oceana, i feel like i'll be looking you up soon...i may just be impatient, but they did not open, and so ive decide to try and reattach it to a rock so i netted it and what not....maybe that will help? who knows....