New Corals: Let Me Know What You Think

trippkid

Here are some new additions I've picked up the last two or three weeks. I hope everyone likes.

Matt
1. Green Stylophora

2. Rose Millepora

3. Blue Millepora

4. Unidentified

5. Pink Enchino

6. Blue tip Acropora

7. Miami Orchid Staghorn

8. I think it is a little Pocillapora(little red thing below star polyps), it was a
freebie with the unidentified coral.

trippkid

Thanks guys, I really liked them also. My LFS is finally getting some more colorful SPS, I hope to get some more cool ones in the future.

Matt

trippkid

Thank you everyone. m0nk, you can come down anytime. I'll email my number to you, and we can set something up. Van, broke the tractor, I fixed it, but should have seen the how upset Tripp was. All is good now. Talk to you soon.

Matt

m0nk

Originally Posted by trippkid
Thank you everyone. m0nk, you can come down anytime. I'll email my number to you, and we can set something up. Van, broke the tractor, I fixed it, but should have seen the how upset Tripp was. All is good now. Talk to you soon.

Matt
Sounds good to me. That's funny how kids are with toys. I was very proud of AJ for sharing like that.

trippkid

Thanks again everyone. It makes me happy that you guys post your comments about my stuff.
Alex, I know they are too
(just kidding) sometimes. That was great of your little guy sharing his toy with mine. Tripp is the same way with his toys and his friends. I'm sure when you come over you'll have some to take home also. Where does the innocence go? I hope he(Tripp) is always thoughtful of others and their feelings.
Big-fish, I will post a couple more shots of the tank, most are closer shots, full tank shots just aren't detailed enough to see it all.

Thanks again to all that have commented.
Matt

There is some with MH and VHO, then the bluer pics are with just 3 actinic and 1 10k bulb. The pics are from about a month or two ago, it looks a little different now, I fragged a coulple of things and added more stuff since these were taken. I hope you like them.

Matt

Beautiful tank, Ihave to get some more colorful things added to my reef, but those tend to be the more expensive ones, but now that I have several pieces I can start adding one at a time and invest more per item.

trippkid

No photoshop here, too poor and not enough time for that kind of thing.
Yes, the colorful stuff is usually more pricey, it is usually worth it, as long as the specimen is healthy. Surprisingly though, most aren't very special and alot of them have been grown from frags. I know it is hard sometimes to do the quality not quantity thing. In a bigger tank, sometimes harder to justify this little tiny 1 or 2" frag for $50-100, rather than two or three nice bigger pieces. Just be patient(I know it is nearly impossible sometimes), you'll find some color out there
Matt

maxalmon

Hows the Miami Orchid doing, I've had my eye on one of these for while.
The Monti caps look incredible, how long have you had them? Tank look very nice.