New fish and tank pics!!!

fallinmor

hell yes it's hard to catch them i just took my 2 damsels out yesterday so i could put in my firefish and it took me a half hour to get the one. the other lager one hid on me and i had to take my rock structure apart to get him. sorry to butt like that but yeah damsels aren't the best fish to get. did u cycle your tank with them?

T

tuningvis

i caught mine when i fed them... i put the net in... put the mysis shrimp in and he came to the surface and was very easy to catch...
looking good

carshark

Originally Posted by ReefDude37
yea i did lol
sheesh the horror of those poor fish.. oh well too late now...

reefdude37

yea i no, my fish are doin really good now, any 1 no how to get rid of brown alage(ditomas) or however u spell that stupid word.... i no i should use RO water but is their any other way

reefdude37

ok, well today i set up a schelde, i do a gallon water change a week, i also set up a refuge(donno how to spell it)like a week ago, i got an old 55 gallon filter and put it on the back of my 10 gallon, i found an old strip light from a fish tank and set it on top of the filter, i put some rubble liverock in their and ima get an eggcrate and cut it and put it in their somehow to keep cheato alge in their. but the last couple days i noticed that my alge was dieing off? like the brown started to dissapear and more colors started changing on my lr. I dont no if that filter does any good about alge but i like it. it makes my tank look all "high tech". My sand is starting to get whiter also. i run my stock lights about 8 hours a day. Are you suspose to leave the light on over the filter 24-7? thanks...
Ben R

carshark

first did you use tap water? and are you currently planning to use it?(please use RO from now on) if so that is a big factor in diatoms, also they are relatively common in new tanks, also reduce lighting to 10 hours a day in the main tank. dont overfeed, and get a cleaner crew asap, like a few hermits, astrea snails and a turbo snail, they likey likey the brown stuff. umm other than that you should be ok, if you are really concerned about it try a 2 gal. water change weekly. until the tap water slowly makes it way out and the diatoms start to become less and less...just a quick thought also, check your nitrates

carshark

Originally Posted by ReefDude37
ok, well today i set up a schelde, i do a gallon water change a week, i also set up a refuge(donno how to spell it)like a week ago, i got an old 55 gallon filter and put it on the back of my 10 gallon, i found an old strip light from a fish tank and set it on top of the filter, i put some rubble liverock in their and ima get an eggcrate and cut it and put it in their somehow to keep cheato alge in their. but the last couple days i noticed that my alge was dieing off? like the brown started to dissapear and more colors started changing on my lr. I dont no if that filter does any good about alge but i like it. it makes my tank look all "high tech". My sand is starting to get whiter also. i run my stock lights about 8 hours a day. Are you suspose to leave the light on over the filter 24-7? thanks...
Ben R
the filter is a hang on back filter? used for your main tank or the refuge? otherwise if its on the main, no need for a light on it at all, the water moves in and right out...not quite as intense on your main display leaving the lights on all day but never the less its not helping either...

reefdude37

I have brouht many turbo snails at diff times over the last 2 weeks and all of them died, i only have 1 turbo snail now, i think my tap water is harmful to the snails?? im going to the grocery store sometime soon, what kind of water should i get?

reefdude37

well i got me like 9 gallons of distilled water. i heard its almost the same at
Ro water. im gonna change 2 gallons a week for about a month or so, then im going down to 1 gallon a month. i have 2 diff lights, 1 on the main tank and the other 1 on the filter/refuge. i leave the lights on on my main tank for about 8 hours a day. Should i leave the light on the filter 24-7 or just turn it off when i turn off the lights on my main tank. man this hobby can get really confusing lol

fishmamma

I had a snail problem as awell after using well water for tank set-up. I did a large water change with RO water, then ran a polyfilter and did all top offs and changes with Ro water. About 4 weeks later I added a snail and it lived. :jumping: Your fuge may also help get rid of what is killing the snails. Run a poly if you can though, it will pull out metals etc. from your water.