New fish keep dying

jfarris

Over the last week everytime I have added a new fish it has died within a couple days. All my other fish are doing fine along with my coral. I have had 2 lawnmower blennies and one Maroon Clown die.
I have a 55 gallon tank, with green mushrooms, ricodea mushrooms, colt coral, green star polyps, xenias, 2 green chromis, a scissortail goby, scooter blenny, cleaner shrimp, a spiny oyster clam, and lots of hermit crabs and snails. I also have lots of live rock.
I have 2 maxi jet 1200 powerheads, a emperor 400 & 280, and a prizm protein skimmer all on my tank.
I did a water change last thursday, and I have been testing my water. everything checks out fine. Even my pet store has tested my water and says it is fine. I do not understand why my scooter is doing so good and my lawnmowers keep dying. Please help.

jfarris

My tank has been running about two months. I acclimate the fish by floating them for 30 minutes, then slowly adding my water to the bag that they are in to get them use to the salinity, then I hold a net over a pitcher of water and dump the bag so that the water goes into the pitcher but the fish goes in the net - and then I put them in the tank (so that the water in the bag does not go into my tank). the whole process takes about an hour, maybe? What I don't get is that my water is testing fine - my corals are all doing pretty well (with the exception of my colt coral which appears to be molting).
If "ich" gets in my tank, will it affect even future fish that I put in it, that have not been exposed to any of the fish that have died from it?
How can I be sure if they are even getting ich? :help:
Thank you!

tinydove

You can tell if a fish has Ich...they have lil' white specks on them like they were spinkled with salt sort of say.
Is there anyway something might have got into your tank, like a spay room air freshener or any thing else like that?

tinydove

Do you put your new fish in Quartine b4 you add them to your display tank. You must do that so if they are sick with something it will not effect the other inhabatints of your tank.

mopar9012

well could it be that someting was in your LFS stores water and maybe they couldnt recover? i just pretty much put the fish bag in the water let it sit for about 20 mins and net them out because i dont wonna risk putting my LFS stores water in my tank. i also try to get fish that have not been in the system for a long time. thats just what i do. my fish have been doing fine. knock on wood.