New fish products: Brightwell Aquatics

lion_crazz

Brightwell Aquatics' products just hit the market here and it supposed to be some very good stuff. It is all the "good" scientists who left Kent Marine.
Kent has really waned on me over the past few years because it seems their products are extremely diluted and watered down. I figured it was because they got rid of their good people (which they did). Well, I decided to give Brightwell a try with their Reef Dip. Kent's Reef Dip (Tech D) is awful and does not get rid of anything.
I bought a few zoa frags last night and put them in the Brightwell dip for the recommended 15 minutes. After coming out of the Brightwell dip, I was still uncertain of the quality so I put them in my trusted SeaChem Reef Dip. After being in the SeaChem Reef Dip, a whole bunch of sundial snails dropped off and a few nudibranches as well

Buyer beware - Brightwell may not be as "science based" as they say. Never trust anything these bottles and manufacturers say. Always do your own research.

bronco300

maybe brightwell kills em, and then the other dip they finally fell off
i've always used lugols...but knew brightwell and an iodine that was 4 times the size for only twice the cost....but maybe i'll have to try the seachem reef dip!

blaze98

I have been running Brightwell's Neozeo system on my frag tank in hopes of replacing the Prodibio that I am dosing in my main tank. So far I like the results of the Neozeo system.
As far as dosing Brightwell, I am on my 4th week of the Neozeo system. I have been using half of the recommended dosage for a 100 gallon tank since it is a 55 gallon and the rock work displaces at least 5 gallons.
Since I was having nitrate issues I started with the recommended dosage for high nutrient systems.
Biofuel: 5ml daily
Microbacter 7: 10ml daily first 2 weeks then 5ml per week
Koral Color: 2ml every 3 days
Koral VM: 10ml per week first 4 weeks then 20ml weekly
I am running the Neozeo media in a 2LF's phosban reactor with a mini-jet 404 running at approx. 56 gallons per hours. Next week I will be adding my final amount of Neozeo media that will place it at 500 grams for my tank and increasing the flow to 100 GPH. After the 5th week I am planning to follow the instructions and change 25% of the media per week.
I have an Aqua C Remora skimmer on the tank as filtration and 2 Koralia # 3's for flow. There is a 300 watt heater to provide warmth on those cold nights.

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by blaze98
http:///forum/post/2776884
I have been running Brightwell's Neozeo system on my frag tank in hopes of replacing the Prodibio that I am dosing in my main tank. So far I like the results of the Neozeo system.
Any updates on this Blaze?