New Fish Question

I am looking at adding a Royal Gramma and Six-line Wrasse to my tank. My question is will they be ok occupying the same 10 gallon QT?

nicetry

Size-wise it won't be a problem, but these are two fish that I wouldn't keep in close proximity to each other in a small tank. If possible, pick up a tank divider to separate them, or simply purchase one, and then after it's in the main tank, get the other.

Thats what i thought. Here is a list of fish i would like, i would like to do two at a time, who would be ok with the gramma?
Sixline Wrasse
Lawnmower Blenny
Yellow Watchman Goby
Thanks

I figured i would add my wish list and see if there is something i could add (or need to remove). Tank is a 30g bow front, right now it is FOWLR, but i am planning on adding some easy corals.
Currently:
2 False Percs
Serpent Star
2 Cleaner Shrimp
Some Nass and Turbo Snails
Some Hermits
Want:
Royal Gramma
Yellow Watchman
Lawnmower Blenny
Sixline Wrasse
I would love to add an Angel, but am afraid a 30g is too small...

drummerkev

Originally Posted by offsetfactor
I figured i would add my wish list and see if there is something i could add (or need to remove). Tank is a 30g bow front, right now it is FOWLR, but i am planning on adding some easy corals.
Currently:
2 False Percs
Serpent Star
2 Cleaner Shrimp
Some Nass and Turbo Snails
Some Hermits
Want:
Royal Gramma
Yellow Watchman
Lawnmower Blenny
Sixline Wrasse
I would love to add an Angel, but am afraid a 30g is too small...
All i can tell you is to be Careful with the SIx Line and the Gramma, my Gramma killed my sixline today to be carefull and watch them alot

jacrmill

DrummerKev - thats horrible news, Im sorry for your lose. My royal gramma and 6 line get along just fine. There wasnt really even any territorial fighting. Maybe mine do well since my 6 line was in 1st and the gramma is bigger. the gramma wont pick on the 6 line cause he was first, but the 6 line wont pick on the gramma cause he is too big (at least I hope that is how it works).
That said, I wouldnt be gutsy enough to put them in a 10 gallon tank together without a lot of hiding places.
Even more important though, I wouldnt add 2 fish at a time to a 30 gallon. I have a 29 gallon, and I cant imagine it having enough biofilter to support the addition of 2 medium sized, and somewhat active fish, at the same time. You already have the 2 percs, I would just add:
Yellow watchmen
Lawnmower blenny
6line
Gramma
in that order and one at a time. also what is your filtration? that is not an unmanageable bioload, but I hope you have good filtration for it because it is kind of high. Also a small pygmy angel is ok in a 30 gallon, but if you do that I would eliminate 2 of your fish. Since a pygmy angel is bigger and usually a little less hardy. Hope I said something helpful in that mess....

My condolences for your losss Drummer...thats a shame.
Thanks for the advice jacrmill, filtration wise i have 35lbs of LR 30lbs of LS, and a HOB that i run floss and the occasional carbon. Honestly, i got the HOB more for the 200gph flow, making up about 660 total...I have been going back and forth about getting a skimmer, but i havent had a nutrient problem.

chub

Ive had both in my 55g for 6mo and all I ever see is the 6 sixline may nip at the RG once in a while