New fish this week, one missing

edpete97

Got some new fish this week. I added a Koran Angel, 4 Engineer Goby's, a BTA, and a baby gold striped clown.
I'm down to 3 engineer gobys. I don't know where the 4th is. He has appeared momentarily in the morning every morning since I got the four of them. Is normal for the engineer goby?
How long does it take for the clown and BTA to host? Does the picture thing really work?
I got some clams also. They disappeared. Are they buried in the sand?
Thanks all.

autofreak44

cant help you with the clams, but i think thats normal for the goby. also i know it can take from instantaneous to a year for a clown to host.

rbaldino

The goby is probably just off "engineering" somewhere. That's the problem with those kinds of fish, though. You never know if they're really missing or just out of sight.

dogstar

Originally Posted by edpete97
Got some new fish this week. I added a Koran Angel, 4 Engineer Goby's, a BTA, and a baby gold striped clown. Congrats. I hope you are aware at how big and hungry the EGs get.
I'm down to 3 engineer gobys. I don't know where the 4th is. He has appeared momentarily in the morning every morning since I got the four of them. Is normal for the engineer goby?Generaly, yes. They all will eventually hide most of the time to where you will rarely see them.
How long does it take for the clown and BTA to host? Does the picture thing really work?Typically, a Maroon will host very quickly, but not unusual for it to take time and also possible that it will never host. The picture thing has worked for some.

I got some clams also. They disappeared. Are they buried in the sand?Maybe, what kind of clam is it ?

Thanks all.

bocatank

My engineer gobys(3) were visable for a couple of days and then dug under every rock & collapsed some. Never saw them again. I think if you have too much sand they will make a sandy home & you will not see them.