new fish

watever91

just got a false percula as my first fish. it's been doing fine since last night but it hasn't explored the tank at all. it keeps going from the top right of the tank to the left. it doesnt go around and in the live rock. is this normal?

i have a percula clown in a 90 gallon and even when it was in the 75 gallon (had for 3yrs now) He only swims in about a 12 in by 12 in x 6 in area for some reason so i think you are okay lol
My baby yellow clown goby now that is different story that thing goes all over and in every tiny hole in the rocks and ect
Maybe its just the way the fish are?
Gook luck with your new fish!!!

watever91

well that's good news. thank you for replying. so i need to get food today. i've read that they can eat dry food and vegetable matter. what dry food and what vegetables should i buy. and how much should i feed it and how many times a day? thank you!

dmjordan

i feed a variety of foods to my fish and alternate at each feeding. i use frozen mysis shrimp, spirulina flakes, spectrum thera-a pellets, and frozen cyclop-eeze.

watever91

i bought food for the fish today. it is eating but because it doesnt swim to the bottom or ANYWHERE near the bottom, there is a huge build up of extra food. wat is up with this fish? if its gonna be like this i dont want it. and what am i gonna do about the food build up? this is extremely annoying!!!!!!

dmjordan

fish don't need a lot of food. one to two pellets or flakes is enough for them to survive. if you feed too much you will need to manually remove any uneaten food from your tank. don't let it sit in there and rot away.