New Fisheez yaaah....

jr2857

nice fish
are you serious you got a PAIR for $15 my lfs sells em $30 for 1 but i rarely go there and ***** sells $15 for 1.

coachklm

yup 15$ for both....i have no idea about the sexing of them or what not but i couldnt resist the deal... i know they are true percs and that they swim together everywhere. or almost everywhere. so anything i should look out for on these guys/gals? :thinking:
ok difference? between occelerus and percs?

wax32

A. ocellaris are cheaper and more common in the hobby. They host different anemones also.

coachklm

studiing the picture it seems like occ. has no black and perc do mine has alot of black which define the white stripes.

wax32

Yup, percs have a lot of black, LOT being the key word. Yours don't have a lot.
Here are my ocellaris...

wax32

Here are some A. percula. Note that ALL clownfish are highly variable in their coloration.
http://a1272.g.akamai.net/7/1272/1121/20040415171025/www.***********.com/images/products/large/p_69651.jpg

fishieness

Originally Posted by JacknJill
dont true percs lose most of their black coloring when they get older?
i believe so.

fishieness

Originally Posted by wax32
Nope. Most clowns I have seen actually gain some black.
woops.... i read jacknjill's post wrong... eeps! good catch wax.

jacknjill

thats awesome. im going to try and starta nano soon and i want black onyx clowns, but its not in my budget. so the next best thing is true percs, which is fine by me!!!!!

wax32

The new craze around seems to be "no stripe" ocellaris clowns. Kinda fugly if you ask me. I like plain old tomato clowns fpr plain pretty factor.