new full tank room shots

oceana

not very detailed but i always post lots of pics of just the tank but neevr any of the entire tank and room. so here ya go. this is what i see leading out of the tv room.
this weekend my wife is begining the mural on the walls. the MH lights make a great sparkle effect on the walls so it will really look great with a reef mural behind it. just added the molding to the doors and i am going to add the same molding to the hood later this weekend. still a bit plain but its coming along nicely i think. i took one with flash and one with out. its late so only the center MH is on.

E

exile415

wow, what kinda lighting do you have ? can we see the new work ?

oceana

lighting is now 3x 400 MH. in the pic you see there is only one light on(the center one). the others turned off at 8. when they are all one and you are outside you can see a very stang glow coming from the room through the windows. looks cool
yes if you mean new work as in the mural and molding when the new work is done i will be posting. should be done by monday. the mural will cover the entire wall behind the tank and be a sort of shadow reef. Kind of an outline in very light color of a reef canyon. i left the back of the hood open in a way that some light would reflect back on the wall to give the mural a shimmer effect almost like it is moving.
i wont be able to take credit for it though. my wife is the artist i just sit back and give my opinion now and then. lol
thanks for the compliments

tennisace

Aren't ur fish blind
from that much light, it looked like the first one was enough light lol. How in the world do you keep your temp down with the sun being in your house?

oceana

i run 6 120CFM fans three in the hood and three in the sump.
my hood is 18 inches high. my temp stays steady at 81.
i evaporate about 2 gallons of water per day.

hot883

WWWOOOOOW, how cool is that. I immediately thought of the sound when you open a door and you hear like angels and bright lights. Ha! I won't even attempt to spell that sound.
Very nice.

1968oldsma

that looks really nice i like the wood finish did you make the stand yourself or did you buy it? Or just paint it white lol

jayc

Thats BRIGHT!!!! lol Very nice Oceana!
Cant wait to see pics of the mural, sounds like a awesome idea. Keep them pics coming as u get em.
Josh

oceana

thanks for the comments.
the mural is coming along. got one wall all sketched out and she is starting the next
i will post pics once she starts the painting

key00west

i live just north of you in port richey, i would love to see the wall and tank sometime, or come on up to my store in port richey, you can check out my 500 gal reef tank?, its sweet, just got 40 new corals and in a few days im getting 35 more, its packed right now, but im gonna take pics of it before people start buying all of it.. LOL

tinmanny

That is a nice pic and the way when you open the doors it pops right in to your view as the focal point, that is a real nice set up