New Fuzzy Dawrf Lionfish.....

cranberry

Because I gender assigned him.
Most of the fish I have are sexually identifiable so it would never come to me naturally to say "they" or "it" when I say "her" or "him" with 80% of my other fish. It seems anything I get that is not identifiable subconsciously gets labeled and referred to as "him" by default. If I named my fish it probably wouldn't happen as much.

N

nereef

since the fish has less than 6 bars on the pectoral fin, i would say it's a girl. the fish also appears to have too small of a head and too short of pectoral fins to be a male. great looking fuzzy though.

cranberry

Okay... how about this guy....

He grew to this....

Was this a he or she?
Could you pencil in what the size would be if it were male... like entend the fin and head line. If you can't, that's okay.

stdreb27

How bad are they with shrimp? I really want one but I'm trying to keep a cuc. After a fowlr tank with a wrasse and a dogface.

monkdaily

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2765097
How bad are they with shrimp? I really want one but I'm trying to keep a cuc. After a fowlr tank with a wrasse and a dogface.
they will eat them in time. i dont think you can ever house the 2 instinct is just too strong. they are perdators and love a hunt
congrats in the purchase
best fish ever

sepulatian

I LUV fuzzies!!!! Very nice! There is a certain number of stripes to tell if they are male or female. I call all of my fish males except for my female maroon. I know she is the female because she is about four times the size of the male. NEreef has had to correct me on this before. Hopefully he can help me out too. Cranberry, I hope you don't mind a few bad pics of my lions on your thread. Hopefully NE can help me out here. They both have male names. I have Mr. Lion (fuzzy) and Leo (Zebra). NE, are they males or females? Cranberry, some of these pics are when my fuzzy was all of an inch and half LOL. He was still in the QT. Gotta love lions!!

cranberry

By all means... bring the pics on in. It's a fuzzy party!
Me and my husband are the new reps for a particular product in my area. We are going to be in such trouble making the rounds to these stores all the time.