New guy

howard1818

Hi, new here and looking to set up my first tank, I am looking at a 36x24x24 planet aquarium tank to start. I would like a lionfish and then see what will fit with it. I have sump, skimmer, pump recommendation from my LFS. should be around 90 gallons. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

jay0705

Those are very nice looking aswell. A lfs by me has 2. If you ask i bet a store could get you one. There not cheap tho

lmforbis

As long as you stick to the small species they'll be fine. I once saw a pic of a beautiful reef tank with only small lions. It was a 40 gallon which is smaller. Lions don't need a ton of swimming space. You need to pick their tank mates carefully. I've heard puffers will nip at their fins. Small fish may become dinner.

jay0705

My dwarf is kept with a marron clown, damsel and sharpnose puffer. I never notice any spine nipping. But each fish is diff

jay0705

Your fish are well fed Jay, they don't need to work for their dinner
Lazy is the correct term. All the fish tho would be a huge meal. The maroon is only slightly smaller then him. I wouldn't try a slender fish tho. Like a fire or gramma