New-ish plate coral isnt flattening out

kilofey

The person I got the plate from put it in a little tupperware container for transport. It was a teeny bit too small. When I got it home, it had raised up on one side as if you pinched it into a little peak. Ive had it about 3 weeks now and it still hasnt flattened out. it looks healthy in every other way, tentacles are out, color is good, will accept food ect. Is it a bad sign if it isnt flat and if not, how long should it take to flatten out?

gemmy

I'm going to revert to my favorite saying, pics please. I'm not really to sure what is going with the plate, but I'm sure a pic could clear it up.

snakeblitz33

Pics?
Fungia have a tendancy to "inflate" themselves. Their polyps fill up with water and their mouths open up wide for food. When they are shrunken in, they are either expelling waste or there is something wrong with the water quality or water chemistry of the tank. They should be placed directly on the sandbed and do not require much light.

kilofey

sorry for the terrible pic, its the best i could do. Of course it would park itself directly infront of the algae on the glass lol. ive been leaving that area alone because i dont want to disturb it if there is something wrong with it. If the pic is hard to decipher, the fold is directly in the front. to me, it appears healthy in every other way, but its been like this for at least 2-3 weeks now. it was flat when i bought it, i believe it didnt like the tupperware cup it was in. the fold is tall enough that an emerald crab could get under there if it wanted to.

snakeblitz33

Looks pretty healthy to me. The only thing to really look out for is tissue necrosis... if you start seeing parts of the skeleton, THEN there is something seriously wrong. I wouldn't sweat it.

kilofey

Okay, thanks... Guess its just "new coral paranoia" lol.
Im currently keeping an eye on my red velvet wrasse, he has some white spots on him. Not sure if its ich but its freaking me out too cause ill never be able to catch that sucker to treat him... Then again my coral beauty gets them sometimes and it goes away... Hard to tell if its just tank particulates or ich thats in the tank but not that bad o_O??? It definately looks like ich but my fish never die from it. Ive seen tank particulates on my fish before and they look a little different... Oh I dunno lol, god this tank is stressful sometimes! Maybe if it does have ich, ill wait it out then keep only 2 or 3 fish in there and have it be more of a coral and invert tank with just a couple fish. My tank seems to have a 6 fish curse or something. As soon as I put a 7th fish in there something will happen, its so wierd... my oscallaris clown is the boss of the tank but shes not even that mean... Sorry for babbleing, I just noticed the spots so im stressing a bit lol
Btw, does wrasse slime foul the water? Ive got a reef octopus skimmer but ive never been able to get it tuned properly. Possibly, with only 6.fish, my bioload is just too light to pull out lots of gunk?

S

siptang

little ich in the tank is always bad. Because if something were to happen where their immune system is down BAM there goes your livestock...

kilofey

little ich in the tank is always bad. Because if something were to happen where their immune system is down BAM there goes your livestock... 
Well, maybe it isnt ich, cause the outside temp in combination with my heater thermostat breaking just about cooked my tank last week, got it upto almost 86 degrees. All my fish made it (this was before my red velver wrasse was added to the tank). Im sure it was nothing because wrasses are very disease resistant. I think im just paranoid! Lol