New Latezonatus

viper_930

I just got this beauty on tuesday. She's about a 4" A. latezonatus clownfish, aka wide-band clown. They're a very rare species from the land down under, and their hardiness matches availability. I ordered three from a wholesaler but they only sent one (sold out).
It's day 4 now and no signs of disease *knock on wood*. Day 2 she began gorging on frozen thawed mysis to my delight. :joy: I'll be on the lookout for a mate to give her. Enjoy the pics!

viper_930

You got it, but don't get your hopes up! Nobody, as far as I know, has been able to have latz spawn in captivity.
I wouldn't mind being a first though.

joojoo

According to Ms. Wilkerson, they have already been successfully reared in captivity. This one looks like a juvenile with it's yellow color on top, and prefer temperatures of 72-75.

viper_930

Originally Posted by joojoo
According to Ms. Wilkerson, they have already been successfully reared in captivity. This one looks like a juvenile with it's yellow color on top, and prefer temperatures of 72-75.
I've got her book as well, but I've never heard of anything to back her up. Perhaps I should email her.
Juveniles have a yellow tail and have not yet developed the wide middle band. All adults have the yellow dorsal. My latz is already 4".

viper_930

I appreciate the info, but sorry the link is not allowed.
It's encouraging to know it's been done before though. :joy:

joojoo

Reference sites can't be linked to? Did you order this fish specially for you? Or a random come-across?

viper_930

Admin would like no links at all to be posted, but I admit I'm not quick to delete purely reference sites. The catch is the site that you posted has links to other retailers.
I asked my supplier to get some in for me since I work at a LFS.

joojoo

No biggie on the link, it was just meant for you anyways. Must be nice to be such an "insider" in the industry :b