New LED's

sweatervest13

Nice!! Evergrow Lightiing Co. unit ( Reefbreeders in US)?? I like the layout. Pretty heavy on the blue. Does it give you a 20K look at full power??
What size tank do you have under this unit? How did you hang or install the light?

steelgluer

twilightgroups china direct from manufacture 97.00 a unit i got 3 of them for my 125 gallon. I set them on top of my canopy so that its 12 inch away from the water. You can go from purple to blue look.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelGluer http:///t/395174/new-leds#post_3517697

Pics arent the best use all my $$$$ on the tank :)
Shoot... $300.00 for LEDs on a 125g is a great deal!! I have done a decent amount of reading on the Chinese LEDs (I just purchased in January a pair of Reefbreeders Photon32 for my 125g). I liked that they were full spectrum and controllable. But I have read that you do kind of have to have them dialed up to full power to get close to the same output as the premium units. 2quills here is a great resource for LED's. He posted a link to a good article on LEDs a few weeks ago, that basically said that the higher end LEDs diodes are proprietary and only a few companies have access to them, but you can maintain a good quality reef with the other units, you just need to have more LED's to get the same effect.
That works just fine for me and my cost effective Photon32's compared to Aqua Ray LEDs and the Orpek at a lot higher price.
What lighting did you have before?
Pics look good BTW. I would always rather spend $$ on the tank vs a camera (my wife does not feel the same way though).

D

davepalmetto

my led lights cost 100.00 or less on my 125tank i made.

D

davepalmetto

and a remote to change colors Ian new at this let you know how it works

sweatervest13

The new tank looks good. What kind of LED's did you get?? Do you have some specs?
What are you plans for your tank? You should start a build thread and let us know what you are thinking of doing.

D

davepalmetto

The new tank looks good.  What kind of LED's did you get??  Do you have some specs?  
What are you plans for your tank?  You should start a build thread and let us know what you are thinking of doing.  
My led lights cost less then 100.00

J

jstdv8

Shoot... $300.00 for LEDs on a 125g is a great deal!!  I have done a decent amount of reading on the Chinese LEDs (I just purchased in January a pair of Reefbreeders Photon32 for my 125g).  I liked that they were full spectrum and controllable.  But I have read that you do kind of have to have them dialed up to full power to get close to the same output as the premium units.   2quills here is a great resource for LED's.  He posted a link to a good article on LEDs a few weeks ago, that basically said that the higher end LEDs diodes are proprietary and only a few companies have access to them, but you can maintain a good quality reef with the other units, you just need to have more LED's to get the same effect.  
That works just fine for me and my cost effective Photon32's compared to Aqua Ray LEDs and the Orpek at a lot higher price. 
What lighting did you have before?  
Pics look good BTW.  I would always rather spend $$ on the tank vs a camera  (my wife does not feel the same way though).  

People have been posting par numbers for their photons on RC lately and even at 30% tese things are putting out monster numbers.
Some buyers are starting their corals out at 15 % max on both blue and whites.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstdv8 http:///t/395174/new-leds#post_3518644
People have been posting par numbers for their photons on RC lately and even at 30% tese things are putting out monster numbers.
Some buyers are starting their corals out at 15 % max on both blue and whites.
I put my Photon's over the tank in early January (around the 10th I think) and I am up to 90% on the blue channel and 70% on the white channel at my peak 2hrs of the daylight cycle. They got some power!! I wanted to slowly acclimate the corals to the lights as I too read that they are pretty powerful.
I am going to wait another week or so before adjusting to 100% blue channel, and 80% white channel. I don't think I will go past 80% on the whites, this give me a nice 20K look.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstdv8 http:///t/395174/new-leds#post_3518791
got any pics? How high off the water is your fixture?
Here is a link to my "New LED" thread.
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/394095/sweatervests-new-led-lights
Most if not all of the pics are from when I got them. I have not updated the thread in a while.
I have since lowered the lights to about 9" off the water surface. Seems to work pretty good. Its kind of a balancing act, for just how high to keep the lights. To low and you don't get the good spread from the individual diodes and you can get some spotlighting. But too high and you get too much blending and loss so intensity.

J

jstdv8

It looks like in the pictures that your center brace really puts out a lot of shadowing. did that go away when you lowered the fixtures?
If not, I may have to cut out my brace and figure out how to put something clear in there instead.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstdv8 http:///t/395174/new-leds#post_3518804
It looks like in the pictures that your center brace really puts out a lot of shadowing. did that go away when you lowered the fixtures?
If not, I may have to cut out my brace and figure out how to put something clear in there instead.
Sorry, I forgot to add that I had the fixtures first set up with my old hanging screws. This made a gap of about 4-6 inches. I reset them to be about 1 inch apart and the shadowing is not there at all anymore. I did 90 degree optics that spread the light very nicely.
I will have to try to get some updated pics and post them up.
No need to remove the center brace!!
HTH's.