New Light Help

bender77

With my tax refund I would like to get a retrofit LED system for my 24g JBJ Nano Cube from the website that Tunes Nano's. In the tank I have mostly softies with a couple of LPS. I do not plan on having SPS in the tank. I need help with which set-up to choose for my tank. They have 3 panel and 6 panel set ups with all kinds of configurations. Basically I would like someone to tell me which one would work best for me and what choices I need to put in the drop down menus. All the choices confuse me. Thanks!

joncat24

If it were me, I would get the large heatsink for the NC24, 12 royal blues and 12 cool white crees....24 thermal pads , and two of the dimmable meanwell drivers, and you would be set.
You would be able to keep any type of coral, and have the ability to control the lighting color to your liking.
I am setting up a 40 breeder right now and I am going with basically the same setup on mine except for the number of leds will be greater, but same basic idea.

reefraff

A friend has the 6x5 Edison version over his 29 and he's getting PAR in the 140's at the sand. According to him a 50/50 mix is too blue but once all the LED's are on they look nice.
If I were you I would contact them and see what their suggestion for your tank is. I am thinking going with Cree but using less of them would be the way to go. As a side note about the tuners de nano my friend's system originally had the buck puck setup which wasn't working well. His LED's were pulsing. First they tried new boards, when that didn't resolve the problem he offered to just buy Meanwell drivers from them. They wouldn't let him pay for them and just sent them too him with a new ballast box, no charge. Nice to see a company stand behind their product like that. I would trust them to direct you down the right road.

bender77

Thanks Reefraf! After emailing the company they told me that the 3.6 is equal to 100w halide, and since I have softies it would be more than suffecient. So after some debate I placed my order today
I did 50/50 on both ends and all white in the middle. Standard drivers, variable adaptor, fan upgrade, and the standard edison emitor. It should take a couple of weeks to get here. I'll update once I get it and it's installed. The company was very helpful and had fast reply time. I hope the lights are as nice as they are.