New Lighting Question

tang_fame

I just purchased the following for my reef tank.
5' DLX 2MH & 4-65W EURO COMPACT FL - GERMAN PIN STYLE (250W 14K**, Super-brite Hammertone Reflector, MH 250W Electronic Ballast, ACTINIC 03 BLUE)...Plus I'm adding the following moonlight:
BLUE LED NIGHT LIGHT
1Watt Extreme LED Night Light-5 times brighter than any other LED available.
Designed for easy retrofit of any metal halide Mogul Socket.
Also available to be mounted on any of our pendants or hoods.
The LED is designed to light up a 2' X 2' Area.
Price includes power converter.
Wondering if that will be enough light for my tank? I have the following deminsions:
72Lx24Wx30H (clear all sides with center overflow). I have Aemones, SPS, and LPS corals and clams.
:help:

jakebtc

for a six foot long tank I think you want one more halide??? and with the 5 ft fixture aren't you going to have to put both halides above the top bracing of your tank if the light fixture is centered???

jakebtc

with 1 more 250 watt halide you'd be good otherwise I dont know. and even that way you may have to keep all light demanding things high in the tank

tang_fame

I changed my order ... I think this should be sufficient light.
6' RETROFIT 3MH 6 EURO COMPACT FL 65W - GERMAN PIN STYLE KIT (400W 14K**, Super-brite Hammertone Reflector, MH 400W Electronic Ballast, Lens 6 Ft x 11" x 3/16", ACTINIC 03 BLUE) SKU/PNO:A6R3MH465AX265CF

tither

my friend if you put three 400 wat MH on a tank 30 inches tall you will have a super set up. you will have no problem growing anything in your tank.. great choise . if you are gonna do it , do it right the first time. you will most likly need a chiller though, if you dont already.