New lights make too much heat

meadiva

New to reef world, took advice and got new light so we can have reef instead of just fish. ( 4 yr old FO )
ok so we went and got a coralife light set up. we got 2 65w PC one actinic one daylight 10000k with the little moon lights too. we have 26g show tank ( I think thats what the wide one is called), its a sea clear system 2 so its self contained/all set up for us.
It was stable at 80 for as long as I can remember now we got this light yesterday and today I have run the lights on for about 4 hrs now and its up to 84.
I removed the back back caps to try and let some heat out, but what else can I do to cool down the tank? I have a fire fish who likes to jump so I dont want to open up the front. Also my hubby put in a anemone and some kind of fan thing, I dont want them to die from heat! I turned off the lights but I know the fan and anemone need light.
I know my hubby really wants reef but its so confuseing! Fish are so much easier to me.
HELP please!

michael7979

Is there any way to put a fan in the hood?( Like with metal halidie lighting) If not try a put a fan (clip-on style) next to the tank to create a flow of air. Maybe this will help.

meadiva

the hood comes with 2 lil fans but we are going to the store now to get a bigger one and going to try to prop up the top so air can move better under the main tank portion.
I dont know what else to tryif the fans dont work.:nope:

viper_930

The fans on the hood will not help keep the tank cool, just the lights. People talk about using fans to cool the tank because the position the fans so they blow cool, dry air over the water and pushes the humid, warm air out.