New member here

kicks23

i wanted to greet everyone im new to this hobby i decided to sell some of my shoes my other love lol and get into this. you guys have some amazing set ups. i had a 10 gallon tank around the house and decided i wanted to give this a try. ill try to post later i had some questions. im in the process of getting some cured live rock will it ok for me just to put it in the tank or will i have to cure it myself again? i have a clown and want to add 1 more fish can you guys recommend me one that will get along with it that has some color thanks.

sickboy

If you get the live rock at your lfs, bring a bucket. I just got cured rock for my nano and just brought a bucket in and they put the rock in there with water.
And welcome into the addictive hobby! Luckily you picked a good place to get advice, these guys and gals know a LOT about saltwater.

robertmathern

welcome to swf. Do you have a fish in the tank or are you just setting it up. If there is no fish in the tank you can just put the rock in and let it cycle. If you do have a fish in there you will have to put the rock in a bucket with some flow on it to let it cure a little. You dont want to go through a mini cycle in a tank that small it will kill the fish.

kicks23

thanks for the advice i do have a fish in their so i guess it would be best to cure it in the bucket. and yes this does look like an addictive hobby i have seen so many things i like that i want to put in maybe if i decide to upgrade tank i will i also need to find cheaper hobby's

trouble93

Welcome to SWF I have a question for you...Is this a tank that is already set up??? The reason I am asking this is, in order for us to give you the best help posible you need to tell us as much about your set you can ie. Filter,lights,live rock how much, live sand how much, powerheads,test kit and so on. I don't know if anybody told you yet but with a tank that small it's going to take alot of work. And in this hobby you will have to stay on top of it or you will find yourself going to your pet store and buying a new fish every other week. Take your time, ask questions before you add to or take away from your tank. Take your time and before you know it you will have a under water master piece full of life and wonder for all to see. Enjoy and most of all have FUN!!!!