New Mushrooms....

manycolors

I just got a couple mushrooms from a friend and i would like to know what i can do to keep them healthy? (addetives?)

pontius

what kind of mushrooms you got? the common mushrooms are quite harmless and can be kept with anything. if the conditions are good, they will spread all over the tank. in that sense, they are a good measuring stick to see if you're ready for more difficult corals.

C

calvertbill

I bought two different varieties of 'shrooms which were intended for my big reef tank once it's set up and settled in. As temporary housing I put them in another one of my tanks. Since that tank only has PCs I placed them fairly high up in the rockwork. I squirt them every other day with a little Kent Marine Invert food.
Problem is they're so happy where they are I've decided not to move them. The ears (leaves, caps?) are certainly growing. Maybe I'll scrape one off the rock and move it to the new tank...but not yet...I'm a bit timid when it comes to disturbing things which seem to be thriving.

manycolors

I'm not sure what exactly they are, but a couple are purple and some green, i know that doesn't really narrow it down much but thats all i know about them. My friend had a ton of them growing in his tank so he just gave me a few, and since i'm new at this i want to make sure i'm not missing anything. What is a good invert food? is there a best?

teresaq

most shrooms dont need to be fed. Some will catch food floating around, but most only need light.

m0nk

Originally Posted by ManyColors
I'm not sure what exactly they are, but a couple are purple and some green, i know that doesn't really narrow it down much but thats all i know about them. My friend had a ton of them growing in his tank so he just gave me a few, and since i'm new at this i want to make sure i'm not missing anything. What is a good invert food? is there a best?
They don't need fed, just be sure you have decent lighting, and by decent, I mean something designed for saltwater, not the freshwater hoods that come with a lot of standard glass tanks.