New Nano Cube DX 12 Filter Set Up Ideas

hugo121175

I have had my Nano running for about a month now. All that I have in the tank as of now are Live Sand, Live Rock, and a Clean-Up Crew. I set up my filter by the manufactures specs:
Chamber 1: Protein Scimmer
Chamber 2: Polishing Media, Carbon Pellets, Bio-Balls
Chamber 3: Heater and Out-Take Pump
Is this now most people have there chambers set up? I'm planning on doing a reef tank and am hoping that this filter set up will work. Here are my readings, using the API Reef Master and Saltwater Master tests:
PH: 8.2
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0.25
Ammonia: 0
Phosphate: 0
Carb Hardness: 12 dkh / 214.8 ppm
Calcium: 360 mg/l ppm
Salinity: 1.024

worrballer

That is how most have them set up. Except remove the bioballs and do a mini fuge. Check this out for an idea
Also just a side comment, you don't really need the skimmer on nano tanks. Water changes are much better. Skimmers remove the dissolved organics in the water and on such a small water volume it'll take out a lot of nutrients corals need.
But it's your call and won't kill your tank with it in. But if you are having problems getting it dialed in, I'd take it out.

hugo121175

Originally Posted by WorrBaller
http:///forum/post/2982565
That is how most have them set up. Except remove the bioballs and do a mini fuge. Check this out for an idea
Also just a side comment, you don't really need the skimmer on nano tanks. Water changes are much better. Skimmers remove the dissolved organics in the water and on such a small water volume it'll take out a lot of nutrients corals need.
But it's your call and won't kill your tank with it in. But if you are having problems getting it dialed in, I'd take it out.
If I do all that will I still be able to close my lid and use the light system that came with the tank?

nano-newb1983

depends on the light you use 4 the fuge.. Google some submersible lights to fit back there and u can have a closed lid

hugo121175

Originally Posted by NaNo-NeWb1983
http:///forum/post/2982621
depends on the light you use 4 the fuge.. Google some submersible lights to fit back there and u can have a closed lid
Ok, can it wait until I get more things added to the tank or would it be better to do it sooner?