New ORAs!!

gatorwpb

I am in love with these new corals. Bought from a buddy for cheap straight from ORA.

These shots are just after they were added to the tank, colors pop right from the bag. Better than I expected. I think my addiction has grown to a new level... lol
Bellina

Borealis

Pearlberry

trippkid

Very nice Gator. I don't have the Bellina or the Borealis yet, waiting for the price to come down or to get some for free from friends when they grow out some. I do have the Pearlberry, it is one of my favs, I just fragged a nice chunk for a buddy of mine. Good luck with them, I hope they do well for you. Thanks for sharing.
Matt

gatorwpb

Thanks guys!!
Other than those three, the only other ORA is this piece of Red Planet from CoralJunky from his frag. I traded him some frags from my colonies.
The green is coming back now, but its still small.

C

cmaxwell39

Very nice peices Gator. I love the Bellina. Good luck with them.

05xrunner

only thing that really sucks about ORA is those big stupid eyesore plugs they use to put the frags on

gatorwpb

Ill get some pics tonight.

I havent firgured out where the frags will go yet, as I am running out of room. Of course the polyp extension is much better now, those pics were right from the box. Also, the bellina polyps are not as bright a green and the borealis has some blue on the tips, but the green is still as bright. the pearlberry I think has improved even more and certainly has shown some growth.
Also, I may move the Red Planet, as Ive read that it gets a deeper color in less intense light.
My plan for the plastic plugs is to get the dremel out and shave them down until the are mostly flat. I just have to be careful not to disturb the coral too much by heating up the plastic, etc.

gatorwpb

Here are the pics updated as of tonight. The water wasnt the clearest as I had just stirred up the sand some. But the PE is still very good.
Painballer - Ive got a small frag of the Ponape birdsnest, so I dont really have an interest in the new Birds of Paradise. But the colors on it look beautiful!
And now... the pics!

Pearlberry - you can see the extra encrusting on the plug.

Borealis - crazy PE and color still good. Looks a little light in the pic though

Bellina - also a little light looking, but you can tell that some of the green has lessened in the polyps.

Red Planet - lots of encrusting and starting to grow. Also, green starting to come back, although it is still a very light color compared to how it comes from ORA. I will likely move it lower in my tank to see if it will color up more.

LE Sunset Monti - Another new aquire (thanks Saltnoob!)

05xrunner

i dont know..I think your pearlberry will be dead soon..there is alot of tissue areas that are gone. is that happening fast might be RTN, or maybe redbugs.

snakeblitz33

now that I look at it, yeah, seems to be a lot of tissue damage. I don't think it's redbugs because I don't see any on it. Have you checked your water parameters?

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
http:///forum/post/2885419
i dont know..I think your pearlberry will be dead soon..there is alot of tissue areas that are gone. is that happening fast might be RTN, or maybe redbugs.
Thanks for the concern 05, but thats actually how the pearlberry looks and hasnt changed since I bought it. I think its just a sign of growth. Probably a little white looking with my camera as those areas a more of a pale blue, but Ive found some other pics from the other forums from people's pearlberry.
This guy said this was right from ORA that day.

No idea on age of this one.

More grown out - white areas are very blue (likely with 20k radiums):

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33
http:///forum/post/2885816
now that I look at it, yeah, seems to be a lot of tissue damage. I don't think it's redbugs because I don't see any on it. Have you checked your water parameters?
Thanks guys, I will certainly keep an eye on it. If you look closely on the pics I just posted you can see that there are dark areas and then very light or pale areas. I can see why it might look like the tissue has receded, but I believe that is just how the coral grows.

My params are very stable. 9 dKh, pH 8.0 - 8.2, calc 440, NO3 0, PO4 0, temp 77-78 - everything run on a controller. Also, Ive been running brightwell's neo zeo system for 4 weeks now which keeps my nutrients very low (similar to ZeoVit). I will start dosing Amino Acids in one week.