new photos

goldenboy

Originally Posted by joncat24
OMG those are beautiful pics...what kind of camera?

The camera's one of the best I've seen for the $. It's a Konica MInolta Dimage Z6. I bought it because it had a 12x optical zoom, but was very please with all the extras that came with it. Most cameras similar to this cost a lot more then the $350 that I got it for.

goldenboy

Anyway here's a picture of my tank, with my old camera. Doesn't do the same justice, but shows how small some of these pieces are.

mimzy

Goldenboy.....ohmigosh....

Are your sun corals happy? I'd really LOVE to get some of them. I know they need to be spot fed - do yours have a favorite dish? Did it take you a while to find a place in your tank that made them happy?
I just cannot get over how gorgeous your tank is.

rgmason

hey golden i happen to have the same camera what do you have settings set on to get such great pictures cant quite figure it out yet and its not like in the owners manual they tell you what to put it on for fish tank shots.lol

goldenboy

Originally Posted by Rgmason
hey golden i happen to have the same camera what do you have settings set on to get such great pictures cant quite figure it out yet and its not like in the owners manual they tell you what to put it on for fish tank shots.lol
I use the Smacro (flower thingy) and have it set to sunset coloring. I don't read instruction manuals. There for women....

goldenboy

Originally Posted by Mimzy
Goldenboy.....ohmigosh....

Are your sun corals happy? I'd really LOVE to get some of them. I know they need to be spot fed - do yours have a favorite dish? Did it take you a while to find a place in your tank that made them happy?
I just cannot get over how gorgeous your tank is.

I used to spot feed them when it was a frag. I would put a frozen chunk of food in a shot glass, and put it over it. I got tired of that many months ago, and spot feed them when I do my bi-weekly feedings. They come out when the halides are on, don't let the rep fool you, they don't mind light at all....

goldenboy

It is technically just under 8'. I had to have it custom built. It's like 7.75'. If it wasn't for the increased maintenance, I'd have a bigger tank. I go through a 5 gallon jug of top off water every 2 days.

goldenboy

Originally Posted by sleeper
goldenboy, where in PA are you located and where do you pick up frags from?

I live just outside the Lehigh Valley. I don't really buy frags anymore. It's hard to find ricordia though. Everytime a store has a nice colored rock, they want to chop it into individual polyps. That's the biggest pain in the

[hr]
. They take forever to grow compared to mushrooms. But I mostly shop at the lfs' in my area. I try to stay away from internet buying for corals, because you never know what you get.