new pics from dpitman

jacksonpt

He asked me to post a few pics for him, so here are a couple of samples. There are more here.

Great pics... beautiful French Angel. I'm hoping to to get one for my 75 if I can ever find one that is healthy. Is that a bluejaw trigger? Nice!

nasotang00

Well, I followed the link from the post that jacksonpt provided. There, he only has a 44 gallon and a soon to be 75 gallon. I don't know where the pictures of those fish came from. Maybe it is a different link to somewhere else/

dpittman

Yes, the tank is a 240. Total volume is a bit over 300 if you count the sump and refugium. That said, the red sea sailfin and the powder blue are no longer in the tank. There was a time when I wanted all these various fish and now I realize it is not worth the extra work and the stress on the fish. It seemed fine when they were all babies but we all forget that fish grow!
Yes that is a Bluejaw trigger - he is one of my favorite and extremely peaceful....so far. I have had him since he was really small.
That is actually a gray angel, not a french - real similar as juveniles. I still am overstocked and I am debating on who I have to get rid of. I have a new tank in the works and so I hope to hold on to all of em until then.
-2 ocellaris clowns
-2 maroon clowns
-Blond Naso
-Naso Brevirostris
-Naso Vlamengii
-Blue Hippo
-Majestic Angel
-Grey Angel
-lemonpeel angel
-potter's angel
-bluejaw trigger
Thanks to Jackson for posting those pics - you really need to see the others on his website - larger and good quality - I am really proud of my HUGE bubbletip.
-Donovan

dpittman

Hey Nasotang00,
Jackson has a 44 and a 75. He posted those pics on his website for me because I couldn't figure out how.

dpittman

Nothing - he is at the LFS - I still may take him back cause he really is one of the nicest Powder Blues I have seen - really thick too. I'm just trying to reduce my stocking levels and this fish had a REALLY bad attitude.

dpittman

The rock is all from my local fish store - majority is Fiji and a couple of pieces of deep water Tonga. I didn't order any online. I simply picked and chose pieces real slowly over a period of about a year.

fuscus

THE FISH IN THE LAST PICTURE IS A BLUE JAW TRIGGER?
IS IT NORMAL FOR THE SHRIMP TO CLING ON TO IT AND CLEAN THE TRIGGER?
DO BLUE-JAWS GET ALONG WITH CLOWN FISH AND ANEONOMIES?

dpittman

The fish you are referring to is a Vlamengii - in the Naso tang family. To see the BlueJaw you have to click on JT's website. The trigger gets along great with all the other fish and inverts.

dpittman

I got some at Saltwater City in Bellevue but $$$....The rest is from Aquarium Concepts in North Seattle - not too far from ya. I prefer Aquarium Concepts to any other store.

nm reef

DPittman...very nice looking system ... very nice.:cool:
Possibly a bit overstocked...but the selection you have looks healthy and beautiful...thanks for the pics.
I haven't looked at the ones on jacksonpt's site but I will soon. I would love to have the space of your 240.....yours appears to be stable and well maintained...best of luck with it and send jacksonpt more pics.....:cool:

dpittman

a bit overstocked.....yep! That is why I got rid of the sailfin and powder blue - now if they all quit growing I will be just fine:rolleyes:
I know I have to get rid of one large fish so it will either be the gray, blond naso or the vlamengii. I am having a hard time deciding cause I like all of 'em but I got some time. Since I am getting closer to a reef tank it will probably be the gray. I am moving soon and will have a tank built into the wall of my new home and hoping I can keep them all until then. I am working with a builder to have something around 2000 gallons for the new house...
I got some more photos I will share soon!
Thanks for the compliments.
Donovan

y2says

daveatstupid...my mother lives in Tukwila and I work at the Acura dealership at Southcenter. DPittman, that's a very nice looking tank.