New pics of my 20 high

atrialfib22

Hey alexa...I noticed you have the same (or pretty close) HOB mechanical filter as I do. I am having trouble with it creating a lot of micro bubbles at the surface. Do/did you have that same issue? and if not, how did you get rid of them?

A

alexa11

i am using 2 currently. Im assuming you are talking to the one on the right which is an inexpensive filter/protein skimmer. The skimmer doesnt work right and did create lots of bubbles, so i am not using it as a skimmer--i put some live rock rubble in it and a phosphate sponge and pushed the skimmer air thing all the way down so there are no bubbles. the other filter has not given me problems.

A

alexa11

lol, my sexy shrimp are having a spat over the rock anemone! they had a 'brawl' earlier in the evening, and now one has been kicked out. He is eyeing it from an inch and a half away now, while the other one is perched in the middle of the anem. They had been getting along well up until now...must be a lover's quarrel!

A

alexa11

: ( oh no, what may have been a lover's quarrel seems have turned into an unplesant divorce! They were interlocked in battle for some time, and finally the cleaner shrimp broke it up! Now the smaller one is chasing the other across the tank. They were getting along fine the past few days...

A

alexa11

closeups of my zoas etc.

The sexy shrimp are over their spat for now...

zoanthid ids? eagle/dragon eyes? gorilla nipples? what else? Thanks!

A

alexa11

i ordered some green frogspawn but it didnt show up at the pestore, so I'll have to wait on that : ( they had some yellowish clove polips though, maybe i should pick them up. what do you think?

A

alexa11

well I have finally coaxed my sun coral to eat! I am excited, and will try to snap a picture this week. I'm going to try and get it on a schedule. Also, the sheer number of Christmas tree worms in my new coral is amazing! more opened than in my picture. I will try and get some clove polips tomorrow : ) more pics will come this week.

A

alexa11

Thanks guys! : ) the t5s are the 4 by 24 watt ho nova extreme, so its 96 watts for my 20. tank is about 13 or 14 inches from surface of the sand to the top, so the sps porite should be ok placed towards the top of the tank i think! And finally 2 of my sun corals 'flowers' are out all the way!! i had been feeding it just into its mouths w/o the 'suns', i might try and feed it again just for good measure.

A

alexa11

I now have a small frag of clove polyps and a maxima clam that i rescued from a pet shop with insufficient lighting. It arrived there yesterday or today, so hopefully it will do well!

Christmas tree worms and my blenny wally
xenia has taken off...
cloves
tank...i forgot to upload a closeup of the clam, ill do that in a second.

A

alexa11

I snapped this in the wee hours of the morning...now to just change her schedule!

A

alexa11

well i may have killed one of my mushrooms : ( it was covering part of the clam, so i thought i would cut it off the rock and rubber band it to a piece of shell elsewhere in the tank. But it did not want to be cut off its rock. How does one cut/frag a mushroom? We'll see if it makes it.

A

alexa11

i will be getting some tubs blues, a couple orange bam bams, and kenya tree i think tomorrow! getting excited!! hopefully the mushroom will recover also.

axle

nice aquascape and great coral selection!!!
just spotted your blenny. how long have you had it???
i was about to buy one last week. they look like they have great personality. what do you feed them and are they active?

A

alexa11

Thanks! my blenny is great, his name is wally. I dont feed him anything special, just what all the fish get. he grazes for some algae. Here is a great picture of him!