New Pics on my site

mr . salty

Well,I finally upgraded the site.There are all new pictures in the fish page,and the Critters page.Also added a page for Algae tank and plumbing. They are big pictures so it may take awhile to load.If it's too long let me know and I'll shrink the pics.For those that don't know my addresse,click on my profile.It's in there.ENJOY

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Way to go Steve! Can't believe you can fit all that equiptment and ecosystems under your tank!

mr . salty

The camera is a HP 315.It has 2.1 mega pixels with 2.5power zoom.It has three photo sizes,but I used the smallest for most of these.I have been really happy with this camera. Thanks everyone for all the possative input.So the pictures don't take too long to load???Just have to fix the links from one page to the next so they open in the same browser,not a new window that you have to close to get back.I think it would be easier if you could just hit your back button.

thewizzrd

I love your orange angel fish. Your tank is great, Is it difficult to keep that many fish in your tank?

lionfish

LionFish says.....
Well, gotta hand it to you Salty. That tank is pretty impressive. Nice mixture of fish, too.

mr . salty

Originally posted by TheWizzrD:
I love your orange angel fish. Your tank is great, Is it difficult to keep that many fish in your tank?

The angel is a FLAME angel. And yes it does take a bit more work to keep this many fish. Weekly cleanings including vaccuming the substrate.The biggest problem is feeding.They eat alot,and I have to do it three times a day as all the fish do not eat at the same time.Also I have to feed a little at a time so there is no waste.

mr . salty

Originally posted by Naso:
Whats a profile?

If you look above this post you will see a box with a face and a ?.Click on it,then click on my home page link.

mr . salty

Yes I could put live sand in the tank,but it's a 125 and I already have CC in it. So far I see no real problems with the CC substrate,but then I am battling high nitrates.Oh well,For now i'll stick with what I have.I'll probably go ahead with the sand in the sump though.I allready have almost 10lbs of it in the sump,and there is plenty of room for more.Plus I could add another tank,or replace the 10 gallon with a 20 gallon under the main tank. All this plus the sump.

rlv695

Mr Salty... grear job...looking good!!!
i hope to get my site up sson and get some pics...
Have fun

Randy

polka

WOW! You are my hero! What a set up. How long have you had your tank? I wish I had space. My little 40 gal is the limit.

mr . salty

Originally posted by Polka:
How long have you had your tank?

This tank has been setup sinse july,2000. I also started with a 40 gallon tank,then I found this setup in the paper.Couldn't pass it up. There is now a 90gallon compleate setup listed here in town for $700 obo. Wish I had the room for another tank.I bet he would take 500 cash for it.

mr . salty

I actually spend alot of time looking at the refugium.The algae is full of life.It has mushrooms,Three or four diferent kinds of bugs,A couple diferent slugs,snails,feather dusters,and even a live clam.I especially love that piece of tonga branch rock that is right in the front. I put it in there so my fish would not pick it clean.