New Pics

promisetbg

Thank you dmjordan and fedukeford! That is a Tomini tang, same family~ the bristletooths. Not as common as the Kole, and a better disposition in my experience.

spartanph

:jumping: Wow, this is a beautiful tank. So many corals!
How long has it been up? What size is it? What kind of lighting? And if you don't mind how much $$$ do you have in live stock?

torno

Beautiful star! Have you had any trouble with it at all? Could you tell us a little more about it? :happyfish

promisetbg

Thank you all. This is a 75 gal tank. Set up in Feb of 03'. Lighting is 2 X 250 10K USHIO MH's and 4 X 110 URI actinic VHO's. Thousands in livestock...stopped counting the first year.
The linckia is my 3rd attempt at a blue. I think I finally got one that was handled correctly before I got him. I drip acclimated him for 4 hours in a catch cup hung in the sump. My last blue also did real well, until I accidently pinned his leg under a rock without knowing it. I also have a burgundy linckia. They stay smaller than the others and this one has cloned itself by dropping all six of it's legs. The legs are just now budding into stars. I will have to remove some of them eventually. What is the star doing to the goniopora you ask? Why he is lounging by it as he realizes it offsets his color so well.

emmitt2

Originally Posted by promisetbg
Thank you both. Emmitt ,those are dendrophyllia, eats like a pig and stays open all day!

Very nice! That polyp in the very back is the biggest, fattest one i have ever seen!@. How long have you had it? how big was it when you got it? Only 1 more, lol, what do you feed it?
Really sweet coco worm also!

promisetbg

They do get big..about the size of your thumb. I got it about a year ago and it had only 3 polyps, now there are 8 or more. It loves squid, clams, shrimp, mysis..whatever is on the menu. It really puffs up the fattest after squid. I have had that coco worm since Dec 03'..still doing well.

alyssia

I am SOOOOO jealous promise! It looks awesome! I love that pink coco worm (I think that's what it is).
I'm debating trying another blue linckia..I dripped my last one for 4 1/2 hours but it still died within a month.

monalisa

Promise,
I swear!! I think that yours is one of THE most beautiful tanks on this site. I could only dream of having something that gorgeous some day!!
Lisa :happyfish