New Pics

promisetbg

Thank you all for the kind words!

Originally Posted by alyssia
II love that pink coco worm (I think that's what it is).
I'm debating trying another blue linckia..I dripped my last one for 4 1/2 hours but it still died within a month.

Yes that's a coco worm...I figured out that keeping peppermint shrimp in the tank was irritating him{he use to drop his crown when I kept them}...so no more pepp's for me. Sometimes no matter how carefully you drip a linckia, handle him properly etc. ..the damage is already done to them because the LFS did'nt do the same..or somewhere along the line he was'nt dripped in. The damage shows up later after you get them. I have had this one a few months, I bought him from a local breaking down his tank.{that's another good option Alyssia} that way I knew he had him for awhile, and the only acclimation I had to worry about was my own.

Some things that I do with this tank that may be part of it's success: as the tank gets water changes, and a small amount of sand is removed each time, I periodically add back more fresh live sand from the Keys several times a year. I also add several bottles of copepods to the refugium and DT a few times each year. 15-20 gal WC's every week. Bulbs are replaced when due, tank is dosed Alk and Ca daily and MG every three days. Flow is controlled in all directions by 2 SCWDs...one on the return, and one on the closed loop. Recently a modded maxi-jet 900 has been added to boost the flow while the halides are on...this goes off at night and the tank is a bit calmer. I felt it needed a bit more, as some of the colonies are getting bigger. There is a Blueline 1200 pump on the return, and a Blueline 850 on a closed loop. Refugium returns to the tank by gravity. Rocks get blasted by a turkey baster to get detritus and food in suspension for removal by the skimmer. The addition of a Euro Reef CS5-2 skimmer has made a world of improvement to this tank.

cripps72

? am i looking at the tank right what coral is hanging off glass on left and back of tank if it is and how did you get it like that. Also your tank is great.

promisetbg

Thanks Cripps..on the left is Elongata xenia and in the back is Red Sea xenia. I grow it on the glass for nutrient export...a portion of it gets removed every few months or so. I got it to grow there starting at the bottom by pushing the xenia against the glass, once it attaches, it will climb the glass towards the light and begin to grow horizontally. I remove it with a credit card..oldest first.

emperor11

GAWWWWGEOUS tank! Can we get a fish list?? Also, what kind of lighting are you running?
Can we just get all the specs???

mr_bill

Looks really nice.
Is that an Alevepora? (sp)
I've been looking at getting one next, how long have you had that one?

promisetbg

Fanker~The gobies are yellow watchmans', and yes there is a pair..the girl hangs back a bit.
Emporer~ If you look up a few posts I posted some specs on the system including the lighting. If I post a full fish list I'll never hear the end of it. My tank husbandry is not the norm so the tank does well to spite it's somewhat heavy load. I removed alot of the mid-column swimming fish and replaced them with small fish that perch. The only one that really goes anywhere in the tank is the tomini tang.
Mr. Bill, yes that is an alveopora. I have had it since 04' sometime. The key is a mature system, moderate flow, small particulate food, MH lighting, and a good specimen free of any damage or recession to begin with.

emperor11

Originally Posted by promisetbg
Fanker~The gobies are yellow watchmans', and yes there is a pair..the girl hangs back a bit.
Emporer~ If you look up a few posts I posted some specs on the system including the lighting. If I post a full fish list I'll never hear the end of it. My tank husbandry is not the norm so the tank does well to spite it's somewhat heavy load. I removed alot of the mid-column swimming fish and replaced them with small fish that perch. The only one that really goes anywhere in the tank is the tomini tang.
Mr. Bill, yes that is an alveopora. I have had it since 04' sometime. The key is a mature system, moderate flow, small particulate food, MH lighting, and a good specimen free of any damage or recession to begin with.
How could we possibly flame you, with THAT tank?!?!
You can email it to me at CelloManiac_01@yahoo.com if you get the chance, and don't want to post it on here.

fanker

that is a great lighting combo, it works out perfect. the coloration is exactly what i love. good work