New pictures: 36g bowfront corner reef

zeromus-x

I tried to get good pictures of things but I don't have a tripod, only a crappy little $99 digital camera, so I had to hold *really* still while it took the picture!
First, a shot of the tank as of about two weeks ago:
...with closeup:

And now, we have some new additions:

...and some beautiful rock that will (mostly) end up in my (display) refugium. I loved this picture, even though there's a giant snail in the way, and the glass is dirty. I've got all my rock in the display tank while I'm getting the refuge set up so that it can benefit as much as possible.

The tank itself is a 36g bowfront corner tank. I've got it set up as a dividing point between the kitchen and living room, instead of being in a corner, after realizing I really don't have any corners in my living room! It's been running for about two years now. Filter is an Emperor 240 or 280, forget the model number. About a 3" sand bed when it started, but the Engineers have moved that all around everywhere. No sump/refuge/etc... yet. Lighting is a 130W Odyssea PC.

mimzy

nice!!! got any full tank shots? I'd love to see how it works as a room divider!

feixjai

looks good. btw what kind of fish is that under the top fish on the right. looks interesting.

zeromus-x

The one on the right of the picture is a blue-spotted hawaiian toby/puffer. At the bottom peeking out of the rocks is an engineer goby. I'll be getting rid of them this weekend -- they're a pair, have been in the tank since I first got it, but they're almost 8" apiece now and that's WAY excessive for a 36g. They really stir up the sand and keep things clean, I'll probably get two more little ones when I get rid of these guys.
Aside from that I've got a clown and a porc puffer (which will go soon, too, since the jerk at the pet store told me he was a toby and only grew to 4-5").