New Protein Skimmer Making MY Colt MAD

imfsub12

Yes I got a new protein skimmer set it up last night everything going great.. its breaking its self in right now.. the place i bought it makes them and they told me that it will make lots of little bubbles for the first couple if days..
But now about 1 hour ago, my COLT CORAL is really TICKED off he is all closed up, he was normal before that..
Any ideas?????
p.s will check levels soon..

spanko

Did you clean the skimmer before putting into operation? There are different things used in the manufacture (oils and such). Colt could be saying "YUCK"

imfsub12

Originally Posted by spanko
Did you clean the skimmer before putting into operation? There are different things used in the manufacture (oils and such). Colt could be saying "YUCK"

I asked the place i got it from as they are the manufactures of it.. and i asked him if i should clean it with vinegar and water and he's like you don't have to as it all natural stuff on the plastic when done..
I HOPE....

imfsub12

Originally Posted by me-n-my-fish
You say it is putting out alot of bubbles. Any getting on the colt and buggin it?

well there are little ones in the tank.. but now i have put in the return section the sponge and some LR in there to stop most of the little bubbles in there.. seems to be doing the trick i might need some more..

imfsub12

oh that is a good shot.. just before it closed up.. but its starting to get back to life now.. must of just gotten mad at me for something...

imfsub12

but still have little bubbles from the skimmer... not sure really what to do just wait and see if it gets better...

koldreef

I'm having the same problem. The impellor on the motor broke so I was w/o a skimmer for about a week. When I got a new one, plugged it in and I have a lot of little micro-bubbles in my tank.. Nothing in my tank seems to mind them but is there anything I can do for it? I have a tunze in sump skimmer. (Don't mean to hi-jack but didn't wanna start another thread for the same thing!)

imfsub12

Originally Posted by me-n-my-fish
is it a HOB skimmer? Maybe post picks of the skimmer and we can give ya some ideas on how to combat bubbles....
no its a SWC skimmer...
i can get some pics later... as i have a side shot of the other side not the return side.