New RBTA Bleached?

saltywhit67

I recently bought this RBTA and it had just recently split from the original rbta. When I first saw it I did not think it was bleached I just thought it was a baby. My clowns are not hosting, and from what im reading this is possibly a good thing considering it may be stressed out already.

S

shrimpy brains

If you've got good lighting and water params, it should bounce back nicely!

lmecher

Additional feedings will help. Try very small pieces soaked in selcon or zoe for added nutrition couple times a week.

saltywhit67

I think it is already getting a little more red. It keeps moving around the tank (just a few inches). It is eating pretty much everything I put near it. Lmecher what is Zoa & Selcon? I have been feeding it brine shrimp and it ate some flake fish food as well. Can you over feed?

lmecher

Brine is like junk food, feed it something more nutritional like krill ir mysis, any marine based seafood will do. You can buy a couple raw shrimp at your local seafood counter, just keep the pieces small, it will have a easier time especially since it's bleached. Selcon and zoe are aquarium food boosters, they add fatty acids, lipids and vitamins. Feed fresh frozen seafood, as it defrosts, give it a couple drops of the booster. I'd forgo the flake food.
Overfeeding, you can but it will only eat as much as it want to eat. Extra food will be let go of and dropped and will add extra nutrients in your system. Remember it must eat and expell through the same opening so watch for this, deflating and expelling. I would feed a couple times a week when fully inflated.