New Rockscape

gpyetiman

I picked up a complete tank including rock at a garage sale. I refurbished it completely and set it up for my 8 year old son. What do you think of the rock work? Opinions please :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

ledzep fan

Wow that looks awsome! Your son must be one lucky kid. How much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

mrdc

Looks awesome. I wish I could find a great deal at a local garage sale! How big is the tank? And you are using your son as an excuse to buy a tank

reeffreak9

Is this your fist saltwater setup? What are you looking to do with this tank? Reef, fowlr, agressive fish ? Just curious!

gpyetiman

Thanks for all the nice replies. I actually purchased the whole setup for $100.00. It was in pretty bad shape , the lady I purchased it from had a sea apple die and wipe out her whole tank. Everything was green so it took a while to clean everything, I stripped it and restained it . I originally just wanted to purchase the rock, as she had it in buckets of fresh water and sitting in the sun. After talking a while she offered to sell me everything for $100. I really couldn't pass it up, I had to explain to my wife how much money I was actually saving. I invested an additonal $60.00 in new sand, $85.00 in a new skimmer and sold some left over rock for $40.00. I hope to add some soft corals, and I am going to let him do the research to see what type and size of fish he can add. This is my third tank, I have a 125g and a 30g. :joy: